Your Guardian Angel

Chapter 12: Leaving It All Behind

I knew I had to get out of the house, so I decided to drive over to Jesse’s. I knew I would have to tell him before anyone else. He was going to be so devastated…

I arrived at his house shortly and got out of the car slowly and then hesitantly knocked on his front door. I heard feet moving from inside the house and saw the curtain on the door move just a fraction of an inch. Seconds later, Jesse answered the door and let me in. We walked up to his room.

“What’s wrong?” he asked immediately, eying the upset look on my face.

“Everything,” I said desolately.

“Do you care to explain?” he asked.

“No, but I guess I am going to have to,” I replied. “I have some really bad news.”

“What is it?”

“I have to move.”

I could tell that those four little words had broken his heart straight in half.

“Wh-where?’” he stammered. He tried to hide it, but I could see the pain in his eyes.

“Florida,” I said, tears running down my rosy cheeks.

“That’s-that’s pretty far. When do you have to move?”

“A week from now. What are we going to do?” I wondered aloud.

“We’ll figure something out,” he said, coming over to me.

We both held each other for a few minutes. Jesse held me as I cried on his shoulder. We would never be able to survive being apart and we both knew it.

“I can’t believe we just told each other we love each other, and now this happens,” I wailed.

“Don’t worry,” he said, patting my head, which was on his shoulder. “We’ll figure something out.”

I stayed at his house until my parents called me to come home.

Later that night, I called Amanda, Natalie, and Caitlin and told them to come over; I would have to tell them too. Within a few minutes, we were all gathered in my room.

“So,” said Natalie. “What should we do first?”

“Before we do anything, I have to tell you guys something. I’m moving to Florida,” I stated, getting straight to the point.

One by one, appalled looks came upon their faces as they realized what I had just said.

“When is moving day?” Amanda managed to get out.

“One week from now,” I replied, “which means I don’t have much time to come up with a plan.”

“We are really going to miss you,” said Caitlin, wiping tears from her eyes.

“I don’t know what we will do without you,” said Amanda, who was also crying.

“I’m going to miss you girls too,” I said. Tears were starting to well up in my eyes too.

We came together for a group hug and stayed like that for a long time. What will I ever do without my best friends?
♠ ♠ ♠
Definitely not my favorite chapter, but more will happen in the next one, I promise!