Your Guardian Angel

Chapter 2: A Not-So-Merry Christmas

A few minutes later, I regained consciousness and opened my eyes to find a pool of blood around me. I looked around to see where it was coming from and realized that it was not coming from me, but from him. I ran over next to him and put his head in my lap while the snow was still coming down upon us.

“SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!” I screamed. I heard commotion going on from inside the house. His mom looked out the window and screamed. His dad came up behind her to see what is wrong. Once he saw, he was horrified.

Tears poured down from my eyes.

“Please don’t die on me,” I whispered through my tears. “I need you to fight; fight for both of us. You have too much to live for to die now.”

He opened his eyes, weakly.

“Riley…” he said
“No,” I said. “Please don’t try to talk.”
“I…just…need…to…tell…you…that…I…want…you…to…be…happy, even…if…it…means…without…me…” he said weakly.
“NO!” I screamed, crying hysterically. “Don’t talk like that! You’re not going to die! I can’t let you!”
“I…will…always…love…you…and…I…need…to…say…goodbye… ”
“STOP IT! STOP SAYING THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!”
“Just…remember…that…I…will…always…be…in…your…heart …and…that…I…have…never…loved…anyone…else…as…much…as…I…love…you. I…will…meet…you…up…in…heaven…when…the…time…comes.”

Unfortunately, those were his last words. His head dropped and I could feel his body go limp and still.

“NO!” I screamed, hugging his head to my chest, sitting in a pool of blood in the middle of the street.

I heard sirens in the distance.

When the ambulance came, his parents ran outside. I turned to face them, his head still in my lap. By the look on my tear-stained face, they could tell that their precious son did not make it.