Status: Slowly but surely, writing. <3

Black Rose Dying

Untouched.

"Adrienne...Adrienne."

I heard someone cooing my name; their voice snatched me out of my darkened, empty slumber.

I replied with an "mmph". Oblivious, or just plain determined to rid me of my wake up refusal, this someone began to stroke the length of my nose with their extremely cold, long, bony finger. Beau.

"Beau Mark Bokan. Let me say this LOUD AND CLEAR. When someone's been awake for 18 hours straight, and running on only 3 hours of sleep, you DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT WAKE THEM UP. Are we clear on this?"

"Crystal," he smiled entirely too cheerily for it being so early in the morning.

I noticed the emptiness my lap now held. "Oh hey, where's Jared?"

"He went inside the bed and breakfast to get some food, like a smart person would." I gave Beau a playful glare, which he returned with as much, err, enthusiasm as I did.

"C'mon, we're in Louisiana! Mardi Gras! Vampire Tours! Cajun food!"

"This would all be more exciting if I could have gotten a few more hours of sleep," I growled.

"You're really not a morning person, are you?" Beau asked.

"Trust me, I am! But I can't run on six hours of sleep for two days. That's just not okay."

"All you need's some Starbones!"

"Some what what?"

"Starbones...Starbucks...?" He said, motioning with his hands.

"Oh! Wow, okay. That'd be lovely. Where is it?"

"Matt and I spotted one a few blocks down, earlier. How about we go after you eat?"

"Yessir. Why didn't you wake me up sooner for food?"

"None of them wanted to wake you up, who could blame them? You're like a grumpy wildebeest when you're woken up!"

"Maybe not a wildebeest per se...I'd like to think I'm not THAT unattractive or smelly," I chuckled.

Beau began to fidget uncomfortably. He was clearly putting forth an effort to keep his thoughts to himself. "Feel free to say what you're thinking at anytime," I sighed, running my hands through my messy hair.

Beau's cloudy blue eyes caught my own- and he quickly averted them from me as he said, "You never smell bad. Or look unattractive" in a very small whisper of a voice.

In that instant, something about Beau struck me. Whether it was his honest eyes, never clouded with alcohol or regret, his gentle hands, however massive they may be; or something completely inwardly resplendent made me stop and take a lot of things into consideration.

"Awh, well thank you... You don't look half bad yourself, Bokan," I winked and nudged him in the ribs.

He chuckled lightly, something else all too obviously weighing on his mind.
In an attempt to distract him from whatever he was thinking, I said, "Is there a shower around here or something?"

"Uhm, yeah. Mike beat you to it I'm afraid; little prima donna he is," he scoffed, puffing out his bangs as he did so.

"Sounds about right. Oh well, age before beauty I suppose."

With some assistance from Beau, I got out of the van and into the breakfast bar. And oh my God.

An espresso machine in the corner, quiche lorraine, bananas foster, couche couche- all these wonderful Southern foods that weren't available back home were right here under my nose. This was definitely Shreveport. Small, quaint, polite. Everything LA and Phoenix weren't. I scooted down next to Matt, who was yelling at the tv for some sports recap that he missed from last night.

"C'mon Suns! Awh, YOU IDIOT!!!" His commentary was always amusing- his only rival for Suns' Most Important Fan was Jared. Beau was the only Lakers fan...poor guy. Always outnumbered.

Mike finally showed up from his shower- Dougie allowed me to go before him. Not that he minded going 4 days without any form of bathing. In all my excitement going up the stairs for my shower, I forgot clothes...again. Now, I really didn't mean to. It just happened. So, as a seemingly good idea, I called Jared.

"Hello?

"Hey. I need a favor."

"What would that be?"

"For you to be my personal stylist again and bring me some clothes?"

"Adrriiiiiiiiiii...." he groaned. I could tell he just ran his hand over his face.

"Please, Jer-bear!"

"...the things I do for you. Be up in 10."

I grinned to myself, hopping into the shower before he could get up to the room.

(Jared's POV)

I left the table without saying anything- this girl would be the death of me, I swear it. I could never admit this to her, or the guys either, but I felt some weird high that she chose me over Matt or Beau...especially Beau. He wouldn't know what she liked anyways. Not like I know. I rummaged through her bags, looking for something I'd like on her, something that was just simply Adri. Simple. That was her style. I chose her most favorite jeans, the black ones with the rip in the thighs, and a purple vee neck. She always liked purple, it makes her eyes sparkle even more than they do naturally. No, I need to stop this. I randomly grabbed some other personals for her; I didn't want to know what kind of underwear she kept under wraps. I hotfoot it back to the room, key in hand. The door swung open. She was in one of those overstuffed bath robes and looked extremely tired like she could sleep in her fluffy cocoon. She caught my eyes and stood up to get her clothes. her hands covered mine, so small and yet so sturdy. Just like her. Beau was wrong. She wasn't a fuckin' teacup. She's been a fucking tiger since day one.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY. <3
For Lish.