Blood Bond

Good Morning, Gorgeous, Now Make Me a Sandwich!

I woke up in my room and looked around in disbelief. Was it just a nightmare? I realized it couldn't have been when I felt breathing down my neck and a body pressed against mine. I wondered if Kyle was in his room as I remembered what happened last night. I knew for a fact that Daryl hadn't forgotten, or why would he be sleeping next to me? I heard the hall creak and I carefully sneaked out of my room.

"Kyle? What are you doing?" I asked, biting back the urge to scream and yell at him. I wanted to bring up last night, yet I didn't even want to think about it.

"It's my house, too." My heart dropped. He wasn't going to bring it up unless I started this one.

"Well, yeah, but last night—" I saw him look down. "—you walked off and I didn't know where you went. Why'd you leave me alone?" He started going down the stairs. "Hey! Wait-a-minnit! Where do you think you're—?"

"Hey. What's with all the screaming, beautiful?" Daryl asked, pulling me into a hug and kissing my neck. I felt frozen; trapped; no way out. All of a sudden he was acting as if we actually had had a relationship for a few years! Kyle just waved to Daryl, shoved a bag into his pocket, and walked out the door!

Oh my god! He would leave Daryl alone with me? Even Father would have paid more attention! Does Kyle hate me? Or does he want to be an uncle that bad?

I shivered at the thought. If he wanted something bad enough, would he do anything to get it? Even make me suffer—meaning live with Daryl? That was a new low...or high. The limit’s never ending, as the song went.

"What do you have to eat around this joint?" Daryl asked, pulling me into the kitchen. I sat at the table as Daryl rummaged through the fridge. How was I to get out of this one? Daryl came back to the table with a donut. He just stared into my eyes and heat rose to my face. I looked down, unable to trust myself looking into his gorgeous eyes. "Why do you do that? That eye thing, I mean. Why won't you look into my eyes? I look into yours." I flinched, caught off guard.

"I don't know," I replied, looking at his neck.

"You don't seem to know anything! I thought you were that girl who always gloated when she got all A's." I looked back down at the table. He sighed and took a bite out of his donut. We just sat in silence. Eventually Daryl walked over and put a hand gently under my chin, making me look him in the eye. It felt like he had this hold over me. His eyes locked with mine and I couldn't look away. I couldn't stop thinking about his eyes.

Is this so bad, Tonia? Actually, I think you like it.

I blushed and saw Daryl just staring at me. I knew how red my face must've been then. I really wished I didn't always get so red. All of a sudden Daryl stopped staring into my eyes and looked down to my lips.

"Why do you taunt me?" Daryl asked, brushing his thumb across the straight line that was my mouth. "When we were walking back to the cemetery you kissed me back, but most of the other times I kiss you and you don't kiss me back. I bet you hate me right now for sleeping beside you. Are you trying to play hard to get? Because I'm trying so hard..."

"I don't know what I do half the time. I'm sorry, Daryl. At the cemetery, it was like we were close friends and it was only natural to do what I did. You can be funny and it makes me want to laugh. When I'm happy...I just want to make others happy, too. So they can feel the way I do. Even I can't answer that," I answered truthfully.

"Oh. So if I kissed you now..." he said, waiting for me to fill it in.

"Considering that it felt good to get that off my chest..."

"You want to get that shirt off your chest?" Daryl asked, shifting his eyebrows.

"You perv!" I yelled, laughing.

"Come on, babe!" Daryl said, mocking the "cool" people in the movies. I laughed and when he walked over and picked me up I was still laughing. He smiled the nicest and sweetest smile he'd ever given and I giggled a little. He laughed softly and leaned in. I leaned in and kissed his cheek, jumping down.

"Come back! I need you...topless!" Daryl exclaimed as I ran to the couch and tried to get over it, but saw him pouting. I stopped for a moment, but shook my head.

"No! You'll never take me alive!" I yelled, laughing.

"Oh yes I will!" Daryl leaped onto the couch and tackled me as I laughed and tried to push him off. "C'mon!! I just want your shirt...and your jeans...and everything else!" he laughed. I laughed even more and when he kissed me, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. I heard him laugh and pulled back.

"What's so funny?"