Blood Bond

She's Such A Sack Of Normal!

"Keeping my cousin safe from a demon!" Justin yelled. "What were you thinking? She could’ve got—You idiot! She couldn’t handle it!"

"Who are you to call a demon? I understand what you’re saying, but I didn’t plan on doing that! You think I don’t know that?" Daryl yelled. He eased up a bit. "So you know she wasn’t ever…?"

Oh, don’t mind me. Just talk like I’m not even here. Sarcastic of course.

Justin glanced at me before looking back at Daryl.

"Yes, I know! That was a horrible joke! Does she even know who you are? You could’ve told her! I was just about to when you showed up! If you won’t tell her, then I will!" he argued. Daryl snarled at him.

"I planned on it, but not now! I highly doubt that she is really with child considering she isn’t complaining about a stomachache, Justin! I think I might know more about this than you! I am older!" Daryl snorted and Justin narrowed his eyebrows.

"She will find out. Either by you, me, or maybe even your father or brothers. Hell, maybe that mutant of a mother you have."

"Shut the hell up about my mother! I think you should go," Daryl suggested.

"Fine. But I do know where you live. We used to be friends, remember? That was before you decided to come find that special someone who just had to be my cousin. I don’t see why you had to pick this mortal. What is so special about her that makes you all mushy and lovey unlike anyone else?" Justin asked, walking up to Daryl.

"Wanna know something? I have no clue! But I do know one thing; I’m not leaving here without her. So get used to it, cousin!" Daryl said, pushing Justin out and slamming the door in his face. He turned to me and I was so confused that I didn’t even care that Justin had gotten the door slammed in his face.

"Daryl? Mortal? What am I missing here?" I asked. He looked over and looked shocked first, but he smiled gently, sitting down next to me on my bed.

"I’m just weird. He could’ve called you a human worm baby or an earth monkey and I would’ve gone with it." He stared into my eyes and I smiled.

"Do you really mean that?" I asked.

"Every word. I love you too much to ever leave you. You could stab my heart out and I'd still love you with the empty void until it caved in." I smiled and snuggled into his chest.

"I love you, too." He smiled, but it was a little sad-looking.

"Guys? You in here?" Kyle's voice asked.

"Yeah!" he called. Kyle peeked in through a crack in your door, as if making sure it was safe to come in. "Am I interrupting you?" he asked. Daryl glanced at me through the corner of his eyes—as if to not let me know he was looking.

"No. Nothing at all. What is it?"

"Well...Remember Saskia, sister?" Kyle asked me.

"Yes. Why, brother? What is it?" I asked, interested in the change of titles.

"Well, she said she can't find her sister, Desire, or whatever."

"Dezzy?" I asked. Kyle shrugged.

"Yeah, well, she said that 'Dezzy' said something about going to that mansion and she hadn't come back. She asked what she would want with that considering she said your name when she was talking."

"Maybe it has to do with Justin and Jeremiah. Brother, we should get over there, do some sneaking." I was playing it up obviously, but I liked this new game of his.

"Right." He turned to Daryl. "You in?"

"Yep. All the way."

Oh, I so could have cracked out the sex jokes just then, but he was being nice so what the hell? I’d let him get away with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
And I promise that this story will get a whole lot interesting as the pieces fall into place. So comment and subscribe =]