Blood Bond

The Prologue: Part Two

"Well, that was weird…" Wendy commented.

"He's a creep!" She nodded and I shook it off. "Well, he's cute, but I kind of think of him as a stalker."

After class Wendy and I walked to our lockers. We were laughing and talking like always.

"I know! She is so annoying!"

"Such a prep!" I agreed, laughing. Wendy shook her head. She had some friends that were 'preps'. "Sorry," I apologized, closing my locker after grabbing some stuff. I turned around and bumped into someone again. I apologized yet again and looked up to see…Richard. Again.

"You seem to keep bumping into me. Or am I bumping into you?" he asked. I smiled uneasily because he was holding me up with one hand on my mid-back and one hand was on my ass. He smiled back, not taking a hint.

"Well, I, um, have to get to, um, class…"

"Oh, right. Of course." He walked off to his friends and they all started slapping his back. A weird way to show affection, but oh well!

"I think he has the hots for you!" Wendy sang. I punched her shoulder lightly.

"He does not!" I argued, sitting in my seats. She shrugged.

"That's your sister?!" I heard a voice ask incredulously. I looked up and saw Daryl staring, pointing and gaping. I looked beside him and saw Kyle.

"Yeah…why? Is it a problem? No one ever seems to think it's a problem…" he muttered.

"No, it's just…wow. I didn't figure you were related!" He still gaped.

"What does that mean?" I yelled. He shrugged.

"Can we go sit now?" Kyle asked.

"Why? You aren't friends, are you?" I asked.

"Yeah…? Now let's go." He gave me a funny look and Daryl smirked.

"Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of each other," he whispered into my ear. I didn't know what to say… He walked off and Wendy stared at me.

"What'd he say?" I shook my head.

"Hey, Tonia! What's wrong?" He sounded a bit worried. I looked up and smiled.

"Hey, Josh! It's nothing really. What's up?" He sat down beside you.

"The usual. But you know Richard Jirah, right?" I nodded. "I heard him talking about you to his friends, so I didn't know if…" He waited for me to finish the sentence like he always did.

"No. We're not going out. He does seem to pop up a lot, but it's nothing serious."

Except that he touched my ass… I remembered, but there was no reason to tell him. No need to get him worried.

"Okay. So have you met the new guy?" he asked.

"Yeah and, joy oh joy, he's friends with my brother!" I remarked sarcastically.

"What about Justin or Jeremiah?" he asked.

"I dunno. I have a class with him next. I'll ask him then or if I see him earlier." Josh nodded. I heard a lot of talking behind me , so I turned around to see Kyle…and Daryl. He saw me staring and he smiled, waving. Everyone stared: girls with jealousy and guys with curiosity as to why he was waving at me. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the front.

"Okay, class. I understand that you find Mr. Darilen attractive, but may we get on with class?" the teacher asked.

"Darilen?" I mocked him in a whisper, laughing.

"I guess so, Tonialla."

"How do you know my name?" He smirked.

"People talk to me… Especially my buddy Richie. Man, he gave me your autobiography or something!" I glared at him and he smirked. "You know, you're sexy when you're angry," he whispered seductively into my ear. "You might just be deserving enough to spend more than two minutes in my sheets." I shivered as I felt his cool breath on my neck. The teacher didn't even care.

"Hey, Daryl, why don't you sit with me at lunch and get away from this loser and her brother?" a prep suggested. He focused his eyes on her and glared.

"Do not insult them, do you hear me? I would rather die than so much as touch you with one finger!" he retorted coldly. She turned away, but not before I saw a tear in her eye. I smiled.

"Thanks." He shrugged, smiling, and raised an eyebrow quickly. As if it was sexy or something. I turned back around and waited for the end of class. When it came, nothing eventful happening, I separated from Wendy because she went to walk with one of her other popular friends. I left Josh as well considering he went to a different class.

"Guess who!" I felt hands go over my eyes and I sighed.

"I haven't a clue."

"Me: Daryl! And Kyle! And even Rick-man!"

"It's Richard," he corrected.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Dick."

I took the time to remove his hands.

"What do you want?" I asked. Kyle was looking around—probably for William.

"Just to spend some time with our favorite girl!" he shouted. I highly doubted being Kyle's favorite girl.

"Whatever. Now, what do you really want?"

"I was telling the truth, but we could go into that closet right there…"

"Yeah, and then me after!" Richard shouted.

"You are so nasty!" I yelled. Kyle just ignored everything.

"Yeah, well—"

"Hey, Kyle! Hey, Tonia!" William shouted, striding up to us.

"Hey, William!" Kyle greeted him. I did the same, but I called him Willie.

"Save me!" I yelled, throwing my arms around him.

"No, save me!" Kyle yelled, doing exactly what I did.

"Group hug!" Daryl yelled.