Blood Bond

Spawns Of Satan

I awoke to the sound of yelling and a dreadful beeping that I couldn’t quite place. I opened my eyes as slowly as possible because I was still dizzy and feared that if I did anything quickly I would go unconscious again. I looked over and saw a man in a white coat and Daryl. Daryl looked horrified as the man talked to him in a hushed voice.

"You're lying," Daryl decided in an uncertain voice. The man continued to whisper. "You're lying!" Daryl yelled, his voice echoing off the walls. The man only shook his head and put his arm on Daryl's shoulder before walking out of the room as Daryl stood facing the wall, as if the answer to whatever was troubling him was written there. I groaned accidentally at the disorientation I was in and Daryl glanced at me. When he saw I was awake he gulped and slowly walked over. That horrible beeping was making me more nervous. I knew what it was, but couldn't remember. It was a terrifying sound...

"What?" I asked him with a voice of venom. Not only was I on the verge of passing out, but he wasn't helping much with his yelling and being everything I hated. I just wanted him to go away—him and that dreadful beeping, too. Hell, everyone could just leave me alone!

"Tonia..." He let out a sigh. "We need to talk."

"You think?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes. But it's not about anything you think. We need to talk...about the baby."

The beeping got higher-pitched and more rapid.

"What!" I shouted, the dizziness coming back, but I didn't care.

"Well, um..." He closed his eyes and tilted his head up. "Remember when you're dad walked in on us? Well, turns out...you're pregnant."

I was quiet for long enough that he opened his eyes and looked at me. I looked at him with teary eyes.

"I'm going to kill you! How could you do this to me?" I demanded. Daryl gulped and sat at the edge of the bed. "Get off!" I yelled, but couldn't do anything about it for my body couldn't hold me up, and I didn’t have the strength to push him off. All I could do was yell at him. I didn't even have the strength to move my arms. Daryl crawled up to me and sat beside down. As he put his arm around my shoulder, I scowled at him, ready to murder him.

"Tonia...I think I need to come clean." Daryl removed his arm and moved it to my thigh, rubbing it as if it would relax my. "It's my fault you’re pregnant..."

"Well, no dip!" I rolled my eyes.

"No...I wanted us to have kids...triplets. You're not having a kid; you're having three kids..."

It was like slap in the face. But still...

"Why does it matter if you wanted three? That doesn’t make it happen." It was slowly dawning on me.

"Unless you're a vampire..." Daryl whispered in my ear before he walked out, leaving me staring blankly ahead.

"Tonia?" I heard yet another voice call.

"Yeah?" I asked in a squeaky voice. Damien walked in looking at his feet.

"I'm sorry, Tonia. I really am." Damien rescued me from my stupor.

"Then get me out of here!" I pleaded with teary eyes, trying not to cry, but my voice was desperate.

"I've already told you: I can't! Especially not now; not while you're pregnant. Daryl would kill me and hunt you back down anyway. But you still hate him?" he checked.

"With all my heart," I replied and, with a sigh, I added, "So does everyone know?"

"That you're pregnant with Daryl's children?"

"No. Devil spawns."

"You knew?" Damien asked.

"Knew what?" I asked. "I was saying he was a—What do you mean?"

"Err...Never mind. Get some rest." With that he was out the door and I was left all alone in the room again. But where was I?

I looked around for the first time since I had awoken. As I took in the rather white scenery, the beeping got faster again. To my left was a machined whose screen displayed digital spikes. I was laying in a bed in a white room. The worst thing of all was the strap on my wrist that was connected to the beeping machine. The realization dawned on me...