Blood Bond

Like A Dog

"Oh god..." I whispered, looking around the room. My phobia was taking over: I was in a hospital room. My eyes darted as I tried to find a way to escape, but I couldn't even move, so how would I get away anyway? There was no way out for me. I let out a piercing scream and didn't stop even though I needed air so badly. I heard someone run into the room and lock the door behind them, but I just kept at it. I closed my eyes to keep the sight of the room out of my mind, but I couldn't think of anything but where I was.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I heard Daryl ask in a worried voice, running to me as quickly as he could. He held my shoulders, trying to keep me calm. His hands were wet and water was dripping off of his hair like he had just darted out of the shower because I had interrupted it. He was only wearing jeans.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" I yelled over and over, eyes watering.

"Babe! What is wrong? The babies? Are you in pain? Please!" Daryl shouted, his voice cracking. "Please tell me!" he said desperately as he held me really tight. I stopped yelling, but I did let out a few pathetic gasps and sobbed as Daryl tried to comfort me. He let go and I wanted to pull him back to me, but all I could do was look at him, gasping from shock and the phobia.

"Darry—" was all I could force out. He stared at me with a curious look in his eyes. "Baby—come...back," I gasped as I cried. Daryl strode back to my side.

"Babe...What is wrong? Are you scared?" Daryl asked slowly. I nodded. "The babies?" I shook my head.

"This...room." Daryl's eyes shot open.

"Oh my god...How could I forget?" Daryl walked over to a wall, silently kicking himself.

"Dar-ling."

I must sound so pitiful...

"No you don't." Daryl walked back over. "You're not pitiful or pathetic. You're gorgeous." He smiled, showing his sharp canines—fangs. I sat there, not fazed by it. He sat on the edge of the bed and watched as tears escaped my eyes. He seemed pained. He crawled up, and whispered, "I love you" before kissing my trembling eyelids.

"I love you, too," I told him in the most confident voice I had had all day.

"I'm so sorry, but I had to put you here," Daryl explained. "I don't know how to take care of a pregnant woman, especially not the woman I love. I didn't want to risk anything, but I should have remembered your Nosocomephobia...but my room is right across the hall, so I can make sure the doctors are doing their jobs."

"But...I don't want to...to be—here."

"Well, what can I do, baby? You need to be somewhere near me, but you need to be taken care of by someone I trust to watch over you and our kids." Daryl embraced me.

"You," I suggested. Daryl looked shocked.

"Well, you would have to sleep beside me in bed..."

I nodded.

"And you'll have to be with me all day everyday..."

"Okay."

"And beg me." Daryl lied down on my bed.

"W-What?"