Blood Bond

The Line May Be Fine, But It's There

"No fucking way!" I shouted, trying to run down the hall, but Daryl pulled me right back.

"Really? I'll help."

I opened my mouth to protest but everything got cold. I looked down and saw that I was completely bare. He backed me to a wall.

"I'm sorry!" I shouted, turning my head away right before he went to kiss me. He stopped.

"How sorry?" he asked.

"I'll do anything. Other than that. Please."

"Alright then." In an instant I was fully clothed. He pulled out a box and took out the ring. It had blood-red diamonds on it. "You're my new Devii," he said, putting the ring on my finger. "There is no need for a ceremony. Honey, you're mine now." My eyes went wide and I tried to pull the ring off, but it wouldn't budge. "Good luck with that. Now, if you'll excuse me, sweetie, I need to tell Aubrey and my mother that you came through." Daryl left, and as soon as he disappeared I sank to the floor, weeping. Damien appeared out of nowhere.

"What's wrong?" Damien asked, holding out a hand. I took it. "Oh."

"It won't come off!" I shrieked.

"Why did you agree?" Damien asked.

"I…he…" I breathed deeply. "If I didn't he would've raped me!" Damien froze.

"He didn't…Come on." Damien pulled me down the stairs.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You're getting out of here."

"Thank you." Damien shook his head.

"He went too far." He touched my shoulder lightly and we both disappeared.

"My house?" I asked and Damien nodded. "Well, I'll probably end up elsewhere, but thank you." I embraced Damien.

"I have to get out of here. Daryl will kill me if he finds out what I did." Damien vanished.

I walked into the house and saw my dad's door closed. He was probably sleeping off a hangover. I ran into Kyle's room. Sadly, he wasn't there, but I knew he was gone forever. I grabbed a picture of him and put it in a bag.

"Kyle…I miss you. I wish you could've met your nephews and your niece. But you're gone…but at least you're better off than me. I love you." I let a single tear drop, but stopped my weeping. He wouldn't want me to cry—I thought so anyway. But where could I go? I sighed and looked in on my sleeping father. "I may not have liked you, but you're still my father. Good-bye, dad." I left the house with some of Kyle's clothes that could fit me, and the picture of Kyle, me, mom, and dad when we were a real family.

"Justin? Jeremiah?" I called out at the entrance to the mansion. "Please, it's Tonia." I knocked on the door relentlessly before peeking into a window. It was noon, so they would be in school. I ran there. It was back in session by then, so Wendy must've been worried sick. I forged a note with father's handwriting and headed into the building.

After stopping by the office, I went to my locker and grabbed the stuff I needed. It was lunchtime, so I grabbed my lunch.

When I walked into the lunchroom, people stared like hawks. They wouldn't be able to tell I was pregnant, but they saw my new look. I spotted out Wendy.

"Wendy!" I shouted and she turned around, terrified.

"Um…Tonia?" She looked me up and down. "Get any sun over break? Oh! And your eyes—! Those colored contacts were a good choice!" She hugged me. "Where's Kyle?"

"Wendy, he's dead."

"What?" she shouted.

"Yeah. I just found him like that. There was no way he was alive."

"I'm so sorry…"

"No. It's fine. I've coped." I smiled at her and sat down.

"What about your dad?"

"I don't think he knows…If I tried to tell him, he wouldn't believe me. He hates me still." Wendy frowned. "But let's just go back to the way things used to be! It's not all that different." We told each other about what we did over break, but I made up a total lie.

"Tonia?" I turned around, smiling. I stopped dead in my tracks.