Blood Bond

Let's Not Rush Into Things, Hmm?

"Are you really that okay with it, Tonia?" Jamie asked, his eyes burning into my soul. I frowned.

"No. I'm not, but it's best to move on. If I cry, then everyone else will. If I am okay, everyone else will be, too. It's best this way." Jamie looked at me, confused.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Nothing. But if you ever want someone to lean on, I'm here." He stared at me with the same intensity.

"I'm fine. Really." I looked to his emerald gaze with my violet one, and he seemed to be lost in my stare.

"Hey, could you smile for me?" he asked.

"Why?" I looked at him funny.

"You're prettier when you smile." He was lying.

"Jamie, is there something you want to say?" He gulped.

"Actually, yes."

"Really?" I asked, frowning.

"Yes. You wanna know?"

"Why not?" I asked him. He sighed and stopped walking.

"Why don't you crack when I breach your mind?" he asked.

"What on earth are you talking about?"

"If I gazed at any other girl, she would be hypnotized and give in to me. You didn't cry or anything."

"Maybe because I'm not any other girl. But Jamie, you're not like Richard or anyone. Does the name Daryl mean anything to you?" I asked him, afraid of the answer.

"Does it mean anything to you?" he asked.

"He doesn't mean a thing to me, but I know who he is."

"Okay. Yes. It means something. He's one of the Devil's sons."

"Jamie. Smile."

"Okay, but you first." I sighed and showed him my fangs. "I knew it! I knew there was a reason I thought you were so gorgeous! You're a vampire."

"Yeah. And you?"

"Uh huh. But one question: why do I get the feeling you know Daryl in more than one way?" Jamie asked, looking at my tummy. It wasn't that noticeable, was it?

"Jamie…Promise you won't freak, but that's because I'm supposedly his Devii. He put the ring on my finger and he said that we didn't need a ceremony. Plus, fine, I'm pregnant with his spawns."

"Oh. And you ran away... You are an idiot," Jamie said flatly.

"What!" I yelled.

"He's obviously going to hunt you down and when he gets you do you think he'll let you have a lot of freedoms? Plus, I don't think you're going to be able to raise triplets on your own. And I know this because I can sense it."

"Well aren't we smart," I muttered.

"Very. Now what do you think I'm going to tell you to do?"

"Go back to Daryl on my hands and knees and beg him for forgiveness."

"No. I think you need someone to protect you. Someone who will be your babies' father."

"I have Justin and Jeremiah to protect me."

"You idiot. They're related to you. They're not going to be the dad. And you're not going to find another vampire here. I've looked. If you want, I'll help you. I don't know why, but I am really, well, for lack of a better way to say it, I'm in love with you."

"Daryl will kill you if he finds out."

"I don't care. I'll fight him for you. Give me a chance. Will you go out with me, on human terms?"

"Yes. If you really think it's worth it."

"I do."

"Then we should get to class, Jamie."

"Hold on, first I want to do this…"

"Do wha—"

I was interrupted by him kissing me passionately. I started kissing back, but something was bad. Jamie pulled me closer and his tongue slipped into my mouth. I remember Daryl, and how he used to kiss me just like that, and I pulled away.

"What's wrong?" Jamie asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing, I just don't want to be late for class."

"Alright, but I understand if this is about your mind still being focused on Daryl. I mean, his kids are in your stomach."

"No! I'm not thinking about him." Jamie shook his head and kissed me lightly.

"Either way, let's just get to class."