Blood Bond

Well... At Least You Don't Have Malaria

At the end of the day I was walking home with Jamie, Justin, and Jeremiah. Wendy was walking with another person who I didn't particularly like. Jamie said he wanted to watch over me, so Justin said he could stay at the mansion.

When we got to home we just sat in the living room catching up with everybody. By the time we were done it was ten and I decided to go to bed. Justin led Jamie and me to an extra room. I kissed Justin's cheek and he left.

"So you're actually going to let me sleep with you?"

"Beside me, yes."

"I know. That's what I meant," Jamie said, getting the bed ready. "Will I be able to hold you while we sleep?" he asked. I shrugged.

"If you want." I walked out of the room and into the bathroom to change for bed. When I got back I saw that Jamie was already lying down. He was only wearing boxers, like Daryl. I took a deep breath and got into the bed. I lied close to Jamie and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Remember, tomorrow is Saturday, so don't get up too early. You need rest to get your mind off of this whole thing."

"Okay. Love you, goodnight." I froze. Maybe I did still have some feelings for Daryl...

"Okay, love you, too. 'Night." Jamie was a bit confused, but I fell asleep before he could say anything else.

I'm giving you one more chance, Tonia. You better get back here, or I'll bring you back. Come home, right now and no harm will come to you. Of course, you'll have a few freedoms taken away, but only a few. Since I love you so much you won't get hurt. Just come back now. If you don't, I'll come get you myself and you will be severely punished. Oh, and when I come to punish you, I might have to harm Justin and Jeremiah for hiding you, too. I know where you are, so what's the point in not coming home? Think…what would be better?

I shot up in the middle of the night.

"No way I'm going back there," I muttered.

I looked over and saw that Jamie wasn't sleeping beside me anymore.

"Jamie?" I called out. He wasn't in the room. "Where are you?" I walked out of the room, the floor cold on my feet. I walked downstairs, calling out his name. I knew that Justin and Jeremiah would be awake. "Hey, Justin…Have you seen Jamie?" I asked with a sigh. I looked around the living room. Where was he? "Justin? Jeremiah?" I walked through the house, looking for anyone. I sighed and walked back upstairs, the only place I hadn't checked fully.

"Hello?" I called. Justin wasn't in his room and neither was Jeremiah. I sighed. Maybe they went out: they were vampires after all. I went back to my room.

"Hello, love." I froze. I slowly turned around to face the hall and saw Jamie.

"Oh, it's you." I let out a breath of relief. "What are you doing?" I asked him. He just smiled and pulled out a body from behind him. "Justin? What are you doing?" I yelled at him, running to Justin. "Are you okay?" I shook him a bit. He was all beat up.

"Tonia…" He coughed out, "Run you moron!" I looked at him funny.

"Why?"

"You should listen better. So there's no way you're going back there, huh?" Jamie asked.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Honey, you're mine now," he recalled.

"D-D—" I couldn't speak. Jamie swept his hair out of his eyes, but he wasn't Jamie anymore. "Daryl…" I whispered, falling at his feet. I dropped my head.

"That's right, darling." He put a hand under my chin and made me look him in the eye. "And I do believe you are coming home. And the offer I made you is no longer applied. Say bye-bye, Justin."

"Bye-bye, Justin," I obeyed and Justin fell to the floor as Daryl let go of him.

"And you're coming with me." Daryl grabbed my arm and in an instant we were back at his house. I looked the all-to familiar room and tried not to weep as I sat on his bed. "Now what am I to do with you?" he asked, circling me. I trembled.