Blood Bond

Intimidation Techniques

"I'm sorry."

"I know you are. But that's not going to change things: you ran away. You tried to take my children from me and you tried to take you from me when I told you that you would do no such thing. No apology is going to help you." He glared down at me.

"It won't happen again," I promised him, looking at my feet.

"Damn right it won't," Daryl agreed, walking closer to me. "Get off your lazy ass. Is the only reason you get up to run away?" he asked. I sighed and slowly started to stand. "Did I fucking stutter?" he yelled. I stood up and stared down. "Up here, Sherlock." I looked him in the eye and it felt different. I wasn't scared of him! I smiled, kind of gloatingly. Daryl growled and smacked the back of my head, but as I stared at his feet I was smirking. He had no control over me.

"You're not so scary," I told him. He narrowed his eyes.

"Really now?" he asked, practically staring into my soul. It got to me a little, but not as much as it would've a few days ago.

"Yep. And by the way, I miss Jamie. He was better than you." I watched his expressions and almost laughed. He looked absolutely pissed, but I didn't care.

"You ungrateful little..." He muttered a bit. "Well, too bad. Daryl is the one who got you pregnant, not Jamie."

"Yeah... If only it was him..." I sighed dreamily.

"It still would've been me!" he yelled.

"But Jamie is hotter!" I argued. Daryl took a deep breath.

"Don't hurt her; you could kill your children. Don't hurt her; you could kill your children. Don't..." He continued chanting those words before walking out of the room. "And by the way, when I leave the room, you are to sit still and wait for my return. Maybe you could earn my trust back over time." With that he was gone and I was all alone.

I looked around the all-to-familiar room yet again and tried to imagine raising a family with Daryl here. I sighed and paced again and again. There was no way it would work. I tried to imagine him being a loving father and for a short time it worked, but I imagined our little babies doing something wrong and him handling things like he does—yelling and sometimes even force. I could see him holding his baby girl when she was being good, but what if she ever got in trouble? I looked down at my stomach. Life’s so unfair.

"Tonia? It's Daren. Damien wanted to come see you, but Daryl forbade it."

"Oh...So he knows it was him, huh?" I asked, and the door opened, allowing Daren in.

"Yeah, and he was pretty pissed when he found out you were gone. But really...most of all, he was worried."

"Was he now? I figured he'd be cursing my living soul to a life of hell and living with him" I joked, finding it rather funny. Daren obviously did not.

"Wow. And he loves you? I think you're rather a bitch." Daren said with candor. I looked at him like he was crazy. "Hey, I'm just giving you my thoughts so they don't crowd my mind."

"Wow. So I'm a waste of space? No wonder you don't have a girl. Just speaking my mind so it doesn't get crowded," I mocked. He glared.

"I don't have time for this. You know what? I hope Daryl wises up and dumps you so your left loveless because no one in their right mind would love someone like you."

"Maybe craziness runs in your family?" I asked myself out loud rather than to him. "Anyway, I grow tired of this bickering. How about you get down to business or leave?"

"Alright. You like getting to the point. I respect that. Well then, my blood brother wanted to tell you that he is dearly sorry and wished he could speak to you in person, but since Daryl shan't let him near you, he has requested me to give you this letter regarding everything and such. With that, I shall take my leave of you." Daren stood up and stiffly walked out of the room, closing and locking the door behind him. I opened the letter:

"Dear Tonia,
I'm sorry. I tried, but Daryl was really mad at me. I'm still alive but he gave me a big lecture about putting a woman with child through that kind of stress and putting him there. He was worried he wouldn't find you in time and that you'd have the kids without him and maybe not make it. Tonia...he was crying in his room when no one was around. He was praying to God that you were safe and that you'd be back in his arms again. God! He's the Devil's son and he doesn't believe in praying, but he did it for you. I had to tell him. He was falling apart and I couldn't bear it. He was never so worked up before. I know you don't like it, but he loves you. Please find it in your heart to forgive him and look to the future. Please give it thought. Imagine him crying at his bedside, praying to God that you'd be okay and you'd run back into his arms. Imagine loving him the way he loves you. And give him one chance and see what he does.
Yours truly,
Damien"