Blood Bond

Mules Got Nothing On Me

"Well, since you're in my bloodline and I'm the one who made you part of my line, I can kind of control you considering I bonded us."

"Oh...So I'm your pet."

"What? No! Of course not! I didn't mean to do that, it's just I didn't want you to get hurt."
"But you did do it. It doesn't matter why. I know you'll do it again because I'm pretty stubborn. Daryl, face it. Your dad's right."

"No he isn't! I love you, got it? If you were a pet I wouldn't say I love you, I would just use you and toss you out when you made me bored. I want to be with you forever, Tonia, and I want you to be my equal, not a play toy."

"Daryl, I know you think you're words will make it all better, but face the facts: you can make me do anything. And no offense, but I know you're going to use that power. Maybe you won't mean to, but you will." I could see Daryl was going to argue more so I put a finger to his mouth and whispered, "Shh". He kissed my finger gently.

"I love you," he mumbled against it.

"I know you do, but I am famished. May we please go eat?" I asked him.

"Of course. Follow me..." He froze awkwardly. I sighed.

"Come on, let's go."

Nothing else really happened that day and before I knew it we were going to bed.

"I love you. I swear I do."

"Daryl, give it a rest. I love you, too. Good night," I informed him, telling him to shut up. He smiled and pulled me close. Damien's note actually helped the situation and I didn't dream at all that night, which was probably for the best.

"Good morning, love," Daryl said as I started to stir in his arms. He was obviously trying to forget about the incident yesterday.

"Hey," I said drowsily, trying to wake myself up.

"So I think we have around three months," Daryl said after some thought.

"Until what?" I asked, sitting up. He looked at me funny.

"Until they're born of course."

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, standing up and stretching. He got up and walked over.

"It won't take all that long. Especially since we're both vampires." I stopped.

"Three months...That’s it?" I yelled at him, looking down. "Look at me! You can hardly tell!"
"It's all going to happen quickly, you know. It's not like a human pregnancy. But, boy, are you moody. You can tell that you're...." I looked at him funny. "...an angel!" he finished. "Don't hurt me." He was flinching. I smacked his arm.

"Jerk!" I yelled. He laughed and hugged me.

"I'm sorry. Will you ever forgive me?"

"No!" I scoffed, walking away and out the door. I slammed it and ran down the stairs, laughing. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I ran into someone. I fell backwards, but luckily Daryl caught me before I fell completely.

"Are you okay?" he asked, helping me up. I nodded.

"I'm sorry, Daren," Daren scoffed and looked at Daryl, shaking his head.

"What do you see in that ditz?" he asked.

"Right here!" I commented. He ignored it.

"Daren...you're like father aren't you?" he asked, frowning.

"I'm not against the human thing...she's just unworthy. And stupid." Daryl tried to speak, but Daren just scoffed again and walked down the stairs slowly.

"Someone is fun-resistant..." I mumbled. Daryl sighed.

"He wasn't always like that," he told me. "His position just demands that of him..." He changed the subject. "But now you have to forgive me!" He shouted, pouncing on me and sending us both rolling down the stairs.

"Good God, boy! I am with child!" I screamed as we both when down. When we landed on the floor Daryl had my arms pinned down and was on top of me.

I was laughing so hard I was crying!