Blood Bond

It's Sickening, Really

Daryl's P.O.V.

When I walked into her room, Tonia was asleep. She looked so peaceful. But I wanted her to be awake and take her first look at her family.

"Love, wake up. Some visitors would like to see you."

Her eyes opened slowly and her eyelashes batted as her eyes fluttered until she was awake fully.

Tonia's P.O.V.

"Love, wake up. Some visitors would like to see you."

I opened my eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the bright lighting. I felt like I had lost half of my weight! After looking at my stomach and realizing that I was as skinny as I was before, I glanced at Daryl who was holding three bundles of blankets. I questioned him with my eyes.

"Think hard, love." He stepped gingerly towards me, handing me a bundle. Soft yet piercing eyes met my gaze. The blanket was blue.

"Oh!" I exclaimed, hugging my baby boy. The events had rushed back to me so quickly it was a bit to take in. I remembered all the words spoken and I looked to Daryl. He leaned down to meet my lips for a kiss.

"Got names?" he asked, sitting beside me and getting comfortable. He gave me the other blue bundle so he could wrap one arm around me and still hold the pink blanket.

I remembered back to the time I had thought about the names and it hit the wind out of me.

Kyle…

"Kyle…is he…?"

"I'm sorry…there was nothing we could do for him…" Kyle was dead. Absolutely dead.

"Oh." I rocked my two boys silently. Daryl rested my head on his shoulder.

"Darling, I have an idea…" He laid his head on mine. "How about the oldest boy—the one in your left arm—is Kyle?"

"Oh, are you sure?" I asked, eyes beaming. He nodded and I snuggled closer to him. "Thank you, Darry."

"But what about our other boy and baby girl?" he asked, liking the affection I was displaying.

"Hmm, well, how about Derek?"

"Another D name?" he asked, skeptical.

"Or maybe Jasper. Or Jacob. Or maybe Gregory. Hmm, James?" I listed off names before he quieted me by kissing me. I made him be the one to finally pull away.

"Wow, I can't say you're making this easy. Well, for a boy name I was thinking Timothy. Kyle is conventional, so stick with normal names. As for the girl—"

"Oh, no. The girl name is mine! Her name shall be Delilah Storm."

"Oh, I had forgotten middle names. Timothy James and Kyle Jasper?"

"I love it. Almost as much as I love you." I kissed him again.

There was a knocking on the door before it opened. Obviously it had been a warning to be descent. Damien, Daren, and Daryl's parents came in. Well, I didn't recognize his mother, but I could assume since Aubrey was holding her close. Damien ran up and immediately picked up Daryl's boy: Timothy.

"Hey, little guy," he cooed. The baby laughed and Damien smiled. "Saskia would be so proud." He handed Daryl back the baby and he smiled when he looked at me.

'Thank you,' his voice echoed in my head.

'No, thank you.'

"Oh, precious Tonia!" he said, hugging me. "This is so wonderful!"

"Now don't be so crazy. She's probably tired," their mother scolded. Damien smiled.

"Rosalie, I don't think it's so difficult. You gave birth to those three." Aubrey still didn't like me. He glanced at Daryl who was whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I smiled, whispering back. He had really asked how I planned to prove him wrong about my angelic personality and I had told him, "Just you wait".

"Alright, darling, that's quite enough. There are guests here," I told Daryl. He shrugged. I heard Daren scoff in disgust while Aubrey remained silent, staring intently at Daryl and me as we cuddled. I really didn't care what they saw. Damien and Rosalie seemed touched by the display while Aubrey and his other son found it to be an abomination.

"Daryl, what if these four interfere with your life?" Daren asked.

"They are my life," he said smoothly, kissing my forehead.

"I meant you taking up Father's throne," he growled. Daryl shrugged.

"He has a family, does he not? He manages. I just may need to spend a little more time with my family than he did. Tonia isn't so sure of her mothering instincts." I glared.

"You can't let them interfere with that! It's—it's sickening!" Daren looked angry and quite frankly disgusted.

"You'll understand when you find the love of your life like I did," Daryl said softly, looking into my eyes deeply.

"I can't take this love display anymore!" he shouted, throwing his arms in the air. "You have duties to take care of!" Daren walked briskly over to me, glaring. "This is your fault." I trembled. "And your children," he spat. He yanked Delilah out of my arms.