Blood Bond

Men. Need I Say More?

Daryl yanked me to his side, glowering at Mica and his brothers as they just stood, staring.

"What are you gawking at?" He sounded very irritated. They shook their heads and walked on to the car. The ride home was just as pleasant as to the theater.

When we finally got home I immediately departed from Daryl. I couldn’t bear to even look at him anymore! He had been making real progress, but all it took was two minutes with his father and he was back to square one—maybe even worse than before. I ran into my room, slamming the door behind me.

"I just don't get it," I mumbled into a pillow, trying to keep myself together. The door opened and I quickly shut off all emotion to look "okay".

"Why did you take off so fast?" a soft voice asked. It was Daryl, but he sounded different.

"Isn't it obvious? I couldn't stand to be around you." Yeah, it was harsh, but so was he.

"What?" He sounded genuinely hurt. "Why?" He sat down beside me and looked me in the eyes. His eyes were softer and kinder now.

"You were acting like a royal brat," I told him. "But hey, you didn't look weak, now did you?" Daryl sighed and touched my shoulder gently.

"Love, they're young and well...like teenagers. I wanted them to know not to mess with me."

"And me, too, right? You hit me!" I was still hurting about that, but not physically. No, emotionally. "I know not to mess with you!"

"I'm sorry about that but...you should have seen how he was looking at you—how all of them were. I was about to get all territorial and I switched that to anger instead. I can't control myself and I do apologize for that, my love. I was trying to remain calm, but it's not easy when you can hear what they're thinking."

"So you're blaming this on jealousy."

"No, no, no. I'm blaming it on myself and how easily angered I can be." Daryl looked at me sweetly and I sighed.

"That's what I was afraid of..."

"What—"

The door opened, interrupted me, and the four brothers piled in. Daryl growled at them and I sat up straight beside him.

"We wondered where you two bolted off to. Nice place," Xavier commented, stepping in further. "Pretty nice view, too." He was looking dead at me, licking his lips.

"I didn't say you could come in here," Daryl growled, standing up in front of me, blocking Xavier's eyes.

"We assumed we were hanging out with you."

"I have two brothers; same age."

"Damien is in his room and kicked us out and Daren..." He let his sentence trail out. "Besides, we've been hanging out with you up until now."

"I need some time alone." Mica took my hand. "I meant I need time alone with her." Mica glanced at me and I nodded, smiling. He smiled back and kissed my hand.

"Alright." He walked out with his brothers as Daryl's eyes glared after him. I walked up to him and kissed his cheek.

"Easy now, love," I cooed. "No need for senseless aggression."

"It's not senseless. That Mica guy is really getting on my nerves." I winced. Mica was the only one I could stand and didn't want him getting hurt.

"It is senseless. He's just being friendly."

"Pft. Friendly, huh? I think he's just pushing his luck. All guys are the same: they want sex. You wouldn't find him so sweet if you could see what he was thinking when he spoke those thoughtful words to you."

"So all guys want sex, huh?" My voice was sour.

"Yes. In fact, the first time I saw you in that classroom all I wanted to do was get you alone so I could have just that." Honesty wasn't so sweet, was it?

"That is disgusting!" I told him, scowling. "And Mica isn't like that. He's so sweet. I think I could tell if he was a pervert like—like you!" I stormed out of the room and Daryl tackled me to the floor in the hallway. I cried out loudly.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked, breath washing into my face.

"Finding Mica. I like hanging out with nice people who don't only think about getting girls in bed!" I spat in his face, struggling underneath him.

Well, I suppose his good mood went flying out the window!