Blood Bond

He's Like the Snuggle Bear!

"I don't think so. You're staying with me. Honey, you're mine, got it?" His lips crushed onto mine and he seemed more angry than passionate. I struggled even more, squirming to get free as tears streamed down my face. He grabbed my face and held it there, his eyes not softening.

"Please just leave me alone," I begged in a cracking voice. He scoffed and laughed.

"Daryl, what are you doing?" a girl shouted in shock. I looked up through tear-stained eyes to see Saskia peering out of Damien's door, Damien at her side. Daryl scowled and pulled me up, almost dislocating my shoulder.

"Whatever I want. This is nothing of your concern," he informed her, locking me into place beside him. Saskia glanced at Damien with panic in her eyes.

"This is why she hated you, Daryl. Keep this up and it'll be that way again," he warned sternly. He kissed Saskia's cheek, shushing her and trying to soothe her.

"You're a monster," she told Daryl, anger in her fragile little voice. Daryl laughed.

"No, I just know what is mine."

"You are sick. And furthermore—" Damien cut her off, shaking his head.

"Come, my love. Best not get involved." He tugged her back into his room. Saskia cast a sorry glance to me and I mustered up a smile as the tears fell quietly.

"Get back in the room." I obeyed and Daryl followed me in, locking the door. "How dare you make a scene?"

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"How dare you go against my word?"

"I'm sorry."

"How dare you make me look like a monster?"

"I'm sorry."

Daryl was pacing back in forth in front of me.

"Distract me before I lose it," he begged, trying to calm down.

"How?" I asked in a panic.

"I don't know. Ramble on. The kids...Talk about the kids."

"They're so beautiful, you know?" My voice was hurried as I tried to improvise. "I love them so much and it's amazing how gorgeous they are. Just like their Daddy." He smiled a little. "Better?"

"Not really." He sighed. "Okay. I'm sorry about that. I may be spending a bit too much time around you."

"I don't understand."

"Well, I need to vent my anger and I can't do that around you or I hurt you. So when I spend this much time with you, it’s time taken that I can't get rid of my anger."

"Oh," I muttered softly. He smiled apologetically.

"I am so very sorry. I'll behave myself now," he promised, lying down on the bed.

"So...can I go?"

"No," he said quickly. "I mean, I would much rather enjoy your company at the moment." He pulled me onto him.

"Daryl," I whimpered.

"No, I just want to be near you. Cuddle, so to speak." I looked at him, absolutely baffled. Daryl didn't seem like a cuddling kind of guy...

"Okay," I said slowly, pronouncing it carefully.

"I really do love you, you know," Daryl promised, face buried in my hair. I nodded slightly, careful not to harm him. "Good. I know I can go over the top sometimes and I can't thank you enough for staying with me. I really can't imagine life without you and if I had never gone searching for you." Daryl would have continued but a knock disturbed his confessions.

"Daryl, I would like to speak with you," Aubrey said. Daryl sighed and helped me up. "Alone." He cast one lingering glance at me and the bed.

"I suppose I'd best be off. I'll see you later, my love." He kissed me gently before leaving.

Now then, what was a girl to do?

"Tonia?" a gentle voice called—Mica.

Bingo.