Blood Bond

Hidden Motives

"I'm in here!" I called and Mica's face popped in from around the corner. He froze, scanning the room. "His father called him." I swung my feet back and forth while sitting on the bed, smiling at him and beckoning him over. He took the invitation quickly.

"How do you feel?" he asked softly, looking around.

"How cute are you?" I giggled. "I'm fine. Daryl has his reasons. He has a lot of stress."

"That is no excuse to harm you. The way I was raised tells me that you should respect girls, not treat them like slaves." Mica was looking me in the eyes and he looked so sad. I kissed his cheek and he smiled.

"I know that it's not the best way to deal with things, but it's his way and I have him for life. I have to deal with that part of him even if I don't like it."

"You have a choice you know? I mean, you don't have to be with him." He sounded really hesitant and he bit his lip. "You could be with me." I gaped.

"Mica...no, I can't. He wouldn't allow that. I already tried running away awhile ago and he found me no problem."

"I'll take that risk for you." He was smiling and he hoped that it would work. It wouldn't.

"I have kids," I said, knowing that men didn't want that, but it had the opposite effect.

"Even better. We can raise them together, the right way." He grabbed my hands and held them to his non-beating heart. "I swear."

"It's impossible. We can't be... Daryl would—"

"I don't care. And how can I prove that to you?" he asked. I shook my head.

"I'm not going to let you hurt yourself just so—" I was cut off by his lips pressing lightly on mine. I moved one hand to the side of his face and he smiled.

"He'd kill me for that, too," he told me as I caught up on my breaths.

"Exactly! You can't do that!"

"What's the point of living if you can't be happy doing it?" he asked. He did have a good point and I knew that. He kissed me again, deeper this time. I twisted my hands in his hair and pulled him closer. "I really do want you." Well, that ruined it!

"What?" I asked, pulling away as he kissed my neck. "Is that all guys think about?"

"No. I think about how to prove to you that I love you."

"You just met me! I'm not a whore!" I screeched as he kissed my stomach.

"Don't you believe in love at first sight?" he asked, kissing me again.

"No! I don't!"

"I do.” Somehow he got me on my back and was on top of me like Daryl had a night ago.

"What the hell is going on?" Daryl screamed. Mica looked over at him in the doorway and stuttered. "Shut up!" He did just that. "Get off of her," he growled. Mica obeyed again. "I would murder you right now if you weren't the son of my father's friend. I suggest you get out of my face before I do just that." Mica scurried out the door and Daryl walked over. I was crying, curling up in a ball. "Are you alright?"

"No, I most certainly am not," I sobbed, clinging to him for life. He held me as I ruined his shirt with salt water tears.

"That is all that men want, my love. I wish it were otherwise, but it's not."

"I believe you," I told him, no doubt in my voice. He had been right. And he was kind enough not to say, ‘I told you so’. "I love you, Darry."

"I love you, too, baby. And I always will." He held me even tighter and I quit crying.

"I really do."

"I know...but if you would like to prove it to me sometime...?" He was hesitant to ask.

"How about right now?" I asked, kissing his chest softly.

"Love, I would love that, but we just did that not even twenty-four hours ago. If we do that every hour on the hour, it won't be special anymore. Later tonight at the earliest."

"I never thought you would be the one telling me no," I pouted.

"I can't believe I'm telling you no either!” he exclaimed in shock.

"But you're right. What else is it?"

"Nothing gets past you... But we need to talk."

"About what?" I asked, looking into his soft eyes. He smiled.

"Well, I'm taking up my father's place on the throne and there is a lot of planning required for that. And a Devii is required before I take that throne, so I was wondering if you would like to be my sexy demoness when I rule."

"Alright, what is it I have to do? Cut to the chase." Daryl grinned broadly.

"Oh, you'll find out when I know you can't back out."