Blood Bond

Meow, Tiger!

"I like to see you sleep because you’re so quiet and don’t yell at me, but I guess it’s because you can’t," he said, sly and unworriedly. He grinned for some reason at the unconcerned expression on my face.

"Hey, Kyle, Daryl was telling me a joke! Go on, tell him!"

It was Daryl’s turn to growl at me and didn’t hesitate to as he said with a snarl, "Okay, so there was this girl whose stupidity got her killed!" He looked directly at me as I smiled and burst out laughing to make him mad.

Kyle just stood in confusion and said, "I don’t see why that’s funny…"

"Do you want to know what our costumes are this year? We’re going as vampires and you—" he looked at me evilly "—are my bride!" I looked at Kyle who just shrugged. He never seemed to care. I sighed; Daryl always tried to make it seem that I actually enjoyed hanging around with him of freewill.

"Oh joy! Do I get to be a trophy wife?!" I used mock-enthusiasm.

"Trophies are no fun. They don't do anything."

"Really...? I'm not a toy or anything, right? Or does the little kid need toys because he can’t keep a girlfriend? Does the little boy need me to hold his hand, too?"

I didn’t expect an answer and I ignored the threat he muttered under his breath, but afterwards he said, "Well, if you really want to, I could let you, but that's an ugly way to put it. Look on the bright side, I might even let you steal a kiss and then, my little 'toy', we could do something else…" I rolled my eyes, irritated.

"Well, too bad you didn’t pick that one costume with the short skirt…I kind of feel like wearing that, but oh well!" I smirked and got a little scared when he smirked back. "What?"

"Nothing. Sorry to disappoint you, but you won't be wearing anything like that. Don't want you getting stares from any guy but me." I growled at him and he threw the black and red, gothic looking dress at me. I stormed up into my room to change.

"Sucker! I’ll just wear one of my older costumes," I hissed when I closed the door. I shuffled through my closet and cursed at Daryl: he had gone through my clothes and replaced it all with "Daryl approved clothing". In other words: a pervert’s paradise. So he actually was being smart for once...

I sighed and put on the dress, but I did put on a jacket so maybe it'd look like a skirt. Plus, I didn’t like how low cut the top was. I walked down the stairs and Daryl—who had been pretending to listen to Kyle who was rambling on—looked up.

"Okay. We’re all ready. Let’s go!" I said quickly, running for the door. Somehow Daryl got to it first and stopped me.

"Whoa there! What’s with the jacket?" he asked.

"My arms are cold. Now let’s go."

"Your arms huh? Well then, you don’t need to zip it up…" he said as he started unzipping it, his hands stopping at my chest and touching me longer than necessary.

"Don’t touch!" I yelled and he smirked.

"I’ll do as I want. You are mine tonight." I glared and tried to yank it away from him, but that made him tear the zipper off. "Oops. Still need the jacket?" he asked. I growled and he smiled. "Didn’t think so," he said, taking my jacket and opening the door for you. "After you, my love."

"I really hate you right now, Daryl," I growled.

"I love you too, babe!" he yelled out as we were walking to the cemetery. I sped up to get away from him, but he sped up, too.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled pushing him away.

"Meow, tiger! Calm down!" I kept pushing him and he sighed. I gasped as he picked me up.

"Put me down! Put me down! I am not your bride!" I yelled and he just looked into my eyes and I saw what he was doing. I started to get really tired and struggled to stay awake.

"I’ll wake you up when we get there, okay, baby?" I just nodded and lay my head on his chest. The last thing I heard was Kyle asking Daryl how he did that. I tried to listen, but something made me fall asleep right there.