‹ Prequel: Surrender Your Heart

If I Only Had the Heart

13

The weeks leading up to Audrey’s wedding flew by, and Kylie’s time with the boys in the studio was dwindling. She hated to think of the day when she would have to pack up and leave, but then again she couldn’t wait for it. She wanted her normal life back, the life where she didn’t obsess about boys and the only drama was on reruns of One Tree Hill.

But for now, Kylie was trying to juggle her time by helping out Audrey with random last minute wedding details, showing Jake, whose time was also dwindling, the ropes around a studio, and staying civil towards Matt. She wanted to stay on good terms with him so when she left she wouldn’t feel like they had unfinished business.

Of course, sometimes, things didn’t go as planned and Matt made the whole staying civil thing really hard for her.

One day, while the guys were all busy with recording, Kylie was showing Jake around the soundboard in the studio. Bendeth thought it’d be a good idea since he’d be leaving soon and Kylie was happy to be doing something fun and productive. But showing someone the basics of a soundboard doesn’t take all that much time, especially when they’ve already been told how to use a soundboard.

“I can’t believe you let me go through that whole thing when you already knew everything I was telling you!” she laughed.

Jake laughed and shrugged. “You were so into it; I wasn’t going to be the one to stop you.”

She smiled and nodded. “Thanks.”

“For?”

“Being nice. Letting me take my mind off things for awhile every time we hang out. Just everything.”

He nodded. “Of course, Ky. Thank you for helping me out around the studio and showing me some stuff. You’ve been a huge help these past couple of weeks.”

She smiled at him, surprised at his genuine thanks. “No problem.” The two were quiet for a few minutes, and suddenly Kylie thought of something. “Hey, how much longer are you here for?”

He shrugged. “Another week or so? Most likely just until you or the guys leave, though. Why?”

She smiled and said, “Would you be my date to Audrey’s wedding? I’d look like the biggest loser if I showed up without a date.”

Jake laughed, but nodded. “Sure, I’d love to.”

Kylie hopped up, happy to finally have a date figured out. She ran over and hugged Bendeth’s nephew, causing him to laugh at her. She had been stressing about who she could bring as her date ever since she met Jade at the bridal shop. She refused to go alone, not if Matt had a date. And this way, she’d have fun and Jake would for sure take her mind off of things. At least she hoped he would.

Matt walked into the control room right as Kylie was letting go of Jake. He glared at the boy quickly before anyone noticed and then he coughed to make his presence known. “Hey guys,” he said nonchalantly.

Jake said hello while Kylie nodded hers. Matt asked them what was up and Kylie smiled. “I have a date to Audrey’s wedding.”

Matt’s stomach twisted. He knew Kylie would need a date; he just didn’t want to know about it. “Oh yeah? Who?” he asked, not all that interested.

“Jake,” she smiled.

Matt wanted to punch the British boy right in the face. Of fucking course, he thought to himself. He hated being jealous, especially since he had a date of his own; but he just didn’t like Jake. Kylie could have brought anyone but him. “You should have just brought one of the guys; they were already going anyways.”

Kylie frowned. “Yeah, but they have girlfriends who are attending the wedding with them. And I spend enough time with them already. I don’t need to spend a night with one of them also.”

“You spend a lot of time with Jake too,” he added, having a hard time stopping himself from interrogating Kylie. “And plus, he probably doesn’t want to go to such a boring thing.”

“Uh one, why do you care about any of this? Two, so what if we spend time together? We’re friends. And three, I asked and he said yes so actually he does want to go.”

Matt mumbled a whatever, shrugged, and left Kylie with Jake before he said something else he would later regret.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... this is crap and completely, one hundred percent, absolute filler.
Sorry. It was needed because I needed to fill you all in on who Kylie would bring to the wedding, but if I stared at this chapter for any longer trying to change it or make it longer or make it any less filler-ish, I wold have gone crazy.

So, here it is. The next chapter is the wedding and I must say, it was fun to write. It's super long too so it makes up for this 740 word chapter.

But, I need to address a situation that seems to be occuring.
I'm not one to be a bitch and say COMMENT ME OR I WILL NOT UPDATE! It seems pointless to me, because I'm going to update regardless; I always had trouble holding up my end of the bargain when it came to my threats so I just said screw it and updated whether I got comments or not.
Now, maybe it's my fault because I've been a terrible updater lately and so you guys are less enthusiastic about the story. Or maybe the story is going down the drain and so you guys don't want to comment. Whatever the reason, a few more comments then the usual couple I've been getting would be greatly, greatly appreciated. It doesn't take long to tell me a few things that you liked or didn't like. I love any feedback.

Okay, I'm done.

Tell me what you loved/hated about just the story in general so far, not even just this chapter, and maybe I'll post the wedding chapter before christmas! (:

PS!: I have a new story idea in the works, but I'm not going to post it until after I finish this story and until I have the whole plot worked out. It's too difficult to just "play it by ear" so to speak. I might have a contest or something for it... I have a few ideas for contests, but I need to know if anyone will participate if I do them. The winner would probably get a part in the story. (: So, leave a comment and tell me if you'd participate in a contest!

<3Sonya