Laughing on the Outside

Our Lady Mercy High

Image

Sabrina ran down the corridors of Our Lady Mercy High. Tears slowly dripped down her face as she passed the other students.

Oblivious to her existence, students paid little attention to the tear stained girl. But as soon as she disappeared down another hall, murmurs arose from the crowd only to be silenced at the First bell.

Students rushed to their classes. Lockers were slammed like a domino affect, leftover papers scattered on the floor, and the sound of numerous doors being locked left the rest of the school in total silence.

Even in a Catholic School the eerie quietness seemed unearthly.

Sabrina locked the upstairs Girls Bathroom and pressed her back on the door to catch her breath.

Her eyeliner betrayed her, showing everyone the trails of her tears.

She dropped her messenger bag on the ground but her ankles gave out. She quickly slid onto her knees and gave out a cry of pain.

She grabbed her messenger bag and began digging through it. With watering eyes she raised her hand out of the bag, only clutching a small purse, big enough to fit within her small hand.

Sabrina suddenly threw the messenger bag at the wall and held the purse between her breast and hands.

I promised I was never going to do this again!

She scram in her mind. But it was the only way to take it out on someone. Even if it met herself.

She crawled towards the sink and forced herself to stand on her broken ankle.
From the purse covered in flowers, she pulled out a razor that was sharpened to the point. She raised her left arm and outlined the area were she would start cutting.

What are you doing? Stop this! It wasn’t your fault!

Her right arm started to shake. She didn’t like the pain and hated the sight of blood. But she felt she had no choice.

“I’M SORRY MOM!” she cried as she punctured the razor into her arm.

She bit the edge of her bottom lip and felt the taste of fresh blood trickle in her mouth. Tears rolled furiously down her cheeks as a burning sensation numbed the feeling in her arm. The sharp pain ran up and down her spine but she continued to deepen the cut.

She continued with this same strategy over and over until she felt dizzy.

Collapsing to her knees, she propped her left arm in the sink to watch the bloody ooze seep into the drain. Blood dripped down the porcelain sink and Sabrina could only watch.

How is it that such precious gems and diamonds of a red texture come from someone like me.

Going in and out of concisions-ness, Sabrina placed herself lying on the floor. She was done crying and embraced the cold floor which felt almost soft.

She looked into the hall through the small crack between the door and the floor. Sabrina wanted to embrace the sweet kiss of death. She waited impatiently for her life to end as a warm puddle of blood formed around her body.

She closed her eyes.

“Hello! Sabrina!”

Sabrina managed to raise her head off the ground and tried to understand who was calling her.

“Sabrina, Were are you!”

Sabrina’s eyes widened.

It was Travis, The School janitor.

Why did he come to find me?

Travis got closer to the door. The knob started to wiggle.
Even with a mouth filled with spit and blood, she managed to choke out

“GO. AWAY.”

Just then she heard the clashing of multiple keys outside the door. Her vision was fading so when the door finally opened, she only saw a blur.

Then she blacked out.

She was in a never ending swirl of darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a piece I did for my friend who was writing a series about the students at a Catholic school.
But during the making of the fifth chapter, she stopped writing and left mibba.

For a while now I had been trying to get in contact with her but after a year I finally came to the conclusion that she wasn't coming back.

So I decided to post the two chapters I had originally done and do it in the memory of a good writer and an even better friend.