No Need to Retreat

Chapter 13

Payton's P.O.V

Once the driver and Kath had left, I stepped towards Kyle. His face was tear streaked, with more on the way. He saw me and some relief washed over his face. Knowing perfectly well why he was crying, I asked him "Why are you crying?" his reply was in mumbles, but I made it out as "Kathy's dead." Calmly I explained that she wasn't, and I told him the plan. His face slowly brightened, then he collapsed. The nearby paramedics got there in less than a minute, and took him to the hospital.

Kyle's P.O.V

As Payton told me about the plan, my body filled with happiness. My best friends were both alive, those idiots were soon going to jail, and I was safe. Even though I had just eaten a burger, I hadn't had much else during the time I was kidnapped, and my body collapsed into darkness.

I woke up to my parents, Payton's Parents, Kathy's parents, and Payton all crowding around my room. I smiled at the thought of all of these people were like one giant family. I had 2 sets of 'adopted' parents, two real parents, a wonderful girlfriend, and a sister who wasn't yet there.

The first thing I said was "Where's Kathy?" I was informed that she was on her way with the badguys in custody. The driver had been forced to work for them, and his family was currently being picked up. Kath had squeezed their location out of Viktor, literally. He had some pretty nasty bruises on his arms apparently. I was so happy that this couldn't have ended better. I finally knew why Kathy missed so much school, and now Payton was going to a special school to learn skills that you need to be a spy. Kath is gonna be her teacher, and soon I will have two spies in my 'family.'

Even better, My mom was pregnant. The doctor suspected that it was a boy, but it was too soon to tell for sure. I was being employed by Kath's agency as an inventor. I already had access to the supplies, and I was already working on a suit that gave you bionic strength and helped you to fight better.

In case you are wondering, everyone had a great time. Kyle got a little brother, Payton and Kathy were the top team, and they only accepted gadgets made by Kyle. Together, they put hundreds of evil masterminds in jail, and they kept the unknowing wolrd safe.

The End