No Need to Retreat

Chapter 4

Payton's P.O.V

I looked up as Kathy's watch beeped. I told her to go ahead and answer it, and she left for the bathroom. Even though I knew she was a spy, some missions I wasn't allowed to know about. As I heard the door close, I went about finishing my last bit of fruit.

The attack was extremely unexpected. Somehow, the attacker got behind me without me hearing. I felt a sharp blow to the head, but luckily wasn't knocked out. I slipped beneath the table and kicked out at the attacker's legs. He threw the table out of the way and grabbed me. I twisted out of his grip and threw him into the banisters. He got up and threw some splintered wood at me. That was the last thing I saw before darkness.

As I came to I experienced the worst pain I had ever felt. My head felt as though it had been split in two. I soon realised that I was tightly bound in thick ropes, and I was enclosed in a still darkness. I decided to keep quiet. I had to stay strong.

??????'s P.O.V

I can't tell you who I am, but I will tell you this. That Payton girl is a good fighter. That first blow to the head should have knocked her out but it didn't. Unluckily for her, I was wearing shin guards, so her kick didn't do too much damage. Although, throwing me into the banisters was extremely painful.

Once I got her knocked out, I carried her over my shoulder to my car a block away. Once there, I tied her up and put her under the back seat. Once we got to my destination. I threw her in the old shed out back.