When the Hunter Becomes the Hunted

Another Meeting With the Devil

Alexa's P.O.V

As I looked into Mikes eyes I realized that he wasn't my father. And that my father... wasn't coming back. He was dead and I would have to live with that. And maybe I could give -

"Dad!" someone yelled breaking my thoughts. A boy about my age stormed down the stairs. He was in a pair of boxers and nothing else. "Why didn't you..." his voice trailed off when he realized I was standing there.

"Um, Hi" I said stifling a laugh. He looked horrified. The boy turned around and stumbled back up the stairs. I heard a door slam shut and a string of swears fall from his mouth.

"Mathew Kaleb Jefferson, Watch your language!" Aunt Vita called.

"Shit, Sorry mom." He called back.

I couldn't help it anymore I started to laugh hysterically. "I'm sorry" I choked out. I looked up and saw that Uncle Mike was also laughing. He was gripping on to the banister and gasping for breath. I looked at his beat red face and burst in to laughter again. After a little while we stopped laughing and Mathew came down.

"You know it wasn't that funny" He mumbled this time he was dressed in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt.

"Sorry" I said "I-I couldn't help myself" I said starting to giggle again. I held it back and stuck out my hand "I'm Alexa" I said smiling. He looked at my hand like he didn't know what to do next. I grabbed his hand and held it in mine. "It's called a hand shake. You take my hand and shake" I said smiling.

He pulled his hand away. "Yeah, I-I uh, right." he said blushing.

Aunt Vita laughed "Don't get to friendly with her, she's your cousin".

At this his face flushed and he looked at Vita then back at me "c-c-cousin" he said stumbling over his words "y-y-you c-can't be serious!"

"Your right she's to hot to be related to you" a smooth voice said from behind "well at least from what I can see" I turned and standing in the door way was a young man about my age, maybe a little older. He was tall, lean and slightly muscular, like a soccer player. his arms and legs were slightly toned he wore a pair of khaki pants and a DC T-shirt. He had Wide Hazel eye's with another color I couldn't identify. I looked past his eye's and saw that he had dark slightly tousled brown hair. Something caught my eye as I looked him over once more. His aura tensed when he looked into my eye's. Unlike other Lycanthrope I had another power, other than being able to read fellow Lycan minds I could read and sense aura too.

He had the Aura of a hunter. I looked back up at his eye's and I suddenly recognized the color. Emerald. My body tensed as the boy wrapped his arm around my shoulder he was also tense, but he was good at hiding it from his face, a skill I possessed as well I stared at the boy. I walked out of his embrace and walked toward the door.

"I'm uh. I'm gonna go out for a walk" I say walking out the door.

"Do you know the way back" Vita asked from the door way.

"I'll figure it out" I say out loud don't worry aunt Vita have you forgotten I was raised by one of the worlds greatest trackers I say telepathically.

She smiled a sad smile "Be back in half an hour for dinner" she called.

"I will" I call back. A voice inside my head scowls at me What are you doing, go back and kill him. What are you waiting for!? Go back and kill - "shut up, just shut up he's not the one I want to kill" I argue with myself on this matter Then Carve him the way he did you. He deserves it "I will" I say "when the times right".

That time will come.