Destroyed by Your Lack of Sympathy

...It was Only A ((Phone Call))

II slipped on my thin black coat. I knew it wasn’t warm enough for the weather out there, but something inside of me made me want to go. Was it just my own will? Or was it me wanting to be with Amber? I watched Frank search the room for his jacket. He wasn’t having much luck, until Amber pointed behind the door where he had hung it when they had first arrived. I waited as Frank took his time putting on his jacket. Finally he was ready, as Amber walked up beside me she paused, I guess she realized frank wasn’t behind her. I smiled and slipped my hand into hers, I could tell she was about to yell at him, I felt myself warm up when she squeezed my hand, looking into my eyes and smiling. I felt a hand on my shoulder, it scared me.
“Eep!” I yelled out, the smile on my face fading away as I realized what I had just done.
“Um, did she just ‘eep’?” Frank asked. I nodded as I took my place next to Amber, placing my hand right where it should have been, in hers.
“Well if we are done here, can we go?” amber asked, she sounded sort of annoyed but mostly happy. I tugged on Amber’s hand taking a step forward, she did as I did and we all walked out of the dressing rooms and to the back exit. We walked past the MCR bus which was being loaded with equipment. It was really cold and I was already starting to shiver, we hadn’t gotten farther than five minutes from the arena. I suppressed the feelings of cold back, pulling myself closer to Amber. I didn’t have to look at her to know she was smiling. I saw a gleaming light off in the distance, and I could hear water hitting a shore. I knew where we were headed. A place I always feared, it was a cliff, it had no railing, all that was there was simply a spot where it stopped, leaving a sheer drop into the bay below. I was so surprised that there was only one suicide attempt here and one successful. I knew both girls, very well. The girl who died was my best friend, Maia, she was my partner in crime, but she was sick and tired of it all, so one night we came here, and she jumped. It killed me. A few weeks later, I attempted I to do the same, but I couldn’t, I went back to my lonely apartment, sold her beds and went back to my life of dealing and whoring myself. That was my life until this very moment; I had only recently gotten my job at the track, and was already about to be fired. I was brought back to reality when my phone vibrated in my pocket.
“Hang on one second” I sighed, releasing Amber’s hand. She and Frank walked closer to the cliffs edge. I pulled out my cell.
“Hello?”
“Hi, it’s Emily.” The voice said.
“Oh, wait are you the girl from the salad bar?”
“Mm, so, ah, when are you available?”
“Well, tomorrow, at the next stop on the MCR tour, I will find you in the food court. Then we can go off to a hotel or something. K?”
“It’s a date.”
“See you then Emily.” I said closing my phone. I sighed. ‘This isn’t a date, it’s a death wish’ I thought. I walked back over to Amber. Taking my place next to her, she put her arm over my shoulder.
“What was that about Shads?” She asked. I let out a soft sigh, her voice sounded shaky.
“Nothing baby, just some business.” I said, placing my lips on hers. She pulled back.
“Everything okay?” Questioning my response, I think she knew I was half lying.
“Perfect as you are” I whispered, putting my lips back onto hers, this time she leaned into the kiss. I think I heard Frank’s footsteps walking away for a while, I didn’t care; I was in bliss.