Destroyed by Your Lack of Sympathy

What Am I To You?

Day 3 Later that morning, in the bus.

Shadow went to sleep, along with the others. Frank was the only other person awake, and possibly Bob but he is so unpredictable. They're all in their bunks. While I sit alone in the kitchen area of the bus. A cup of coffee steaming in my hands.

I couldn't stop thinking about the call Shadow had... it sounded more like a date than business. I looked down and noticed my hands shaking violently. I felt wet tears sliding down my cheeks. I feel so... used. I wonder what I am to her? Am I just... a toy?

I sighed and sat down my coffee, singing softly. "The stars will cry the blackest tears tonight... And this is the moment that I live for... I can smell the ocean air. Well here I am. Pouring my heart on to these rooftops. Just a ghost to the world, and it's exactly... Exactly what I need."

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I jumped. "Hey, it's just me..."

I tried hard to hide the fresh tears streaming down my face and whispered, "Hey, Shads."

She kissed my cheek softly. "What's wrong?"

I smiled. "N-nothing...."

"Bull. Tell me."

"No... Go to sleep, you need it."

She smiled softly. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

I sighed and sunk into her arms, feeling comfortable. I finally asked, "What am I to you, Shadow?"