Destroyed by Your Lack of Sympathy

Will You Be Mine?

Day 3

I looked at her, feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes again. "Did you mean every word? Is that really..."

I couldn't bring myself to finish the sentence. She looked at me pleadingly, as if to beg for a second chance. "It's all true. And I'm sorry."

I sighed, then smiled at her, moving towards her slowly. I sat in the booth and hugged her. I felt a small, hot drop fall onto my shoulder. She was.... crying. I kissed her cheek softly and whispered, "Shadow..."

"Hmm?"

I kissed her cheek softly, then whispered, "...Will you be mine?"

Her breath caught in her throat and she choked on her words. "E...Even after what... I've done?"

I smiled. It wasn't her fault she did all that stuff, well mostly anyway. "Yeah....I mean it."

She smiled and whispered, "Honey, I was yours before you ever even realized."

I smiled slightly and kissed her lips. She kissed back. I whispered, "You've made this the best day ever."

She hugged me closer, sitting on my lap and curling up against me. I smiled, finding it amazing how perfectly she fit into my lap. She looked up into my eyes and smiled slightly. "I'll move if you want me to... we could lay down together if you'd like."

I smiled slightly. "I'd like that."

She shifted off of my lap so I could move, letting me lay down. She lay down next to me, looking into my eyes and smiling slightly. "Good... Erm... Morning."

She smiled. "Good morning, sleep tight."

I smiled and wrapped my arm around her, resting my chin on top of her head protectively. I wouldn't let her hurt anymore... because I knew, on the inside, she was a hurt and abused as I ever was.