Destroyed by Your Lack of Sympathy

You take my breath away

I quietly dressed in the back of the buss. Normal jeans, a tight fitting t-shirt and a black hoodie. I shook my head to make my bed head look better and left it fixing it a bit. I could hear Amber talking and joking around with ‘Boblet’. I knew she wasn’t ok, I knew she needed something, I didn’t know what to do, I felt so helpless, so useless. I started thinking of my own past again.
How it felt when I couldn’t help Maia, the sight of her on the cliff flashed back into my vision. I coughed a little, and then it felt like someone was outright choking me.
I let out small pained coughs as I fell to my knees.
My thoughts drifted back to the asylum, it wasn’t as short a visit or as good as I had told Amber. I felt dizzy and sick.
I managed to stumble to the small on bus bathroom; I went back down on my knees and managed to throw up, even though I hadn’t eaten since yesterday. I flushed it and stood up, looking at myself in the small mirror over the sink. My eyes were red and watering; my face was red and had black lines running down. I heard a faint knock at the door.
“Sh- Shadow, are you alright.” I couldn’t tell who it was. I coughed again and opened it.
“Yeah, I guess.” My voice cracked a bit and I wiped my mouth. Facing me was Amber; she had been avoiding me all morning. I guess she heard me.
“What’s wrong, why…?” She trailed off, then pulled me close and hugged me. I buried my head into the crook of her neck and cried again. Good thing my makeup was replaced with waterproof stuff. I sighed and coughed again.
“I- i just. Are you mad at me?” I kept myself from rambling. She took in a sharp breath, and I felt tears nipping at my eyes. She sighed and gave me a faint smile.
She opened her mouth to answer but was cut off by Frank.
“Get your asses out here or starve!” He yelled at us, I let out a small cough-like laugh and she let out a small giggle.
“I’ll explain it on the way.”