Destroyed by Your Lack of Sympathy

Lifes Through

Amber left me for a few minutes; I sat down and caught my breath.
“Fuck.” I looked in the mirror, I looked like shit, I fixed my eyes quickly and grabbed a smoke from my bag and walked out to the front of the bus where everyone was waiting.
“Sorry, I wasn’t feeling well.” I whispered, keeping my head down.
“Its all good Shads, C’mon, lets get some food before we have to get ready.” Frank joked putting his arm over my shoulder.
“Thanks.” I smiled. I looked over to Amber, She was sitting with Bob. I turned away and let Frank drag me over to the crew van. Me and Amber got squished between Bob and Frank, I put my arm around her hip, partially ‘cause we have no room and sort of because I was being protective. I really thought her and Bob we having a thing behind my back, but I think that was the paranoia talking. I shook my head and cursed as my ciggy fell from behind my ear and into her lap. She looked down and giggled
“Go ahead, grab it.” She said giggling.
“Ok.” I said nervously, I slowly grabbed the cig from between her legs. My heart jumped when she shivered.
“Wow lesbo porn much.” Frank teased dragging his finger up my spine, I bolted straight up.
“You ass.” I joked punching him playfully.
“Do you children want to starve or what!” Gerard called back at us from the front seat
“No” We all said in unison. That sent us all on a giggle trip. Gee just groaned and kept driving. Finally after about 15 more minutes we were there. I grabbed some toast, and a coffee and went outside once I had finished. I was a quick eater, that and I wasn’t at all hungry. I sat on the curb and lit up my smoke.
“Shadow? Can I talk to you now? About before?”
This is it, she’s gonna leave me, she’ll tell me she met someone new, or old… and that she hates me, and she never wants to see me again, then leave me on the cold street corner homeless, jobless, and in the middle of nowhere. I wish I could have fallen off the cliff; it would have been less painful than this.
“Sure.” I sighed, taking a drag.
“Ugh Shadow what’s wrong, why are you so upset?” My mind was blank, my eyes where empty, I felt like a shell, a soulless shell.
“Shads? Shadow?” My eyes closed, I stopped thinking, stopped breathing, I dropped back, my head hit the concrete. The lit cigarette fell from my hand and onto the ground beside me. My limp body was being shaken by my frightened amber.
“SHADOW, PLAESE DON’T LEAVE ME.” I faded back into a dark black abyss. I guess those pills did the trick.