Destroyed by Your Lack of Sympathy

Yum, MCR...

I went out to the shed I bought and paid for the space it used.
That was about 5 dollars of my rent. I needed it for my bike and other things I didn’t need but could sell. I rode it to the bus stop and waited for the bus. About 3 minutes later it arrived; I swiped my pass and brought my Kona bike I got at an auction onto the bus with me. It was so small and light he allowed me to bring it on. When we reached the farthest point in my direction the bus was going I pulled the string and got off, dragging my bike off with me. I checked my watch, I had 45 minutes to get to work, and from here it was about 10 minute bikes. That gave me some time to eat, god knows I need it. When I arrived my supervisor was waiting for me.
“Shadow, hurry up. Rhea is in surgery on a horse and they need you to cover for her.” She rushed. That’s right, I work on animals, I’m a vet techs assistant, it brings in money, I would make more if they let me into surgery, but they didn’t. I prayed every time they would, maybe today would be different. I locked my bike to the fence and entered the dirty white building. I went behind the front desk, putting on my white coat and washed my hands, then sanitized them. The horses here were like royalty, hands had to be extremely clean before they could touch them. I started thinking about me going into surgery, everything was going perfect, I was praised for my work and did many more surgeries to follow. My hopes were dashed as I saw Rhea, my superior and idol, coming out of surgery; she was cleaned up and in a clean lab coat. I let out a sigh as she told me my assignments for the day. Clean up the holding stables; clean the surgery rooms, blah blah blah. I was writing them all down; I finished them quickly, getting my pay from the supervisor. I didn’t feel like taking the bus, so I rode my bike all the way home. I needed a shower anyways. That was one thing my apartment did have, water. It may be cold, but I don’t care. I only used the one at home for before and after shows. Tonight, was special, I had standing tickets to the first My chemical romance show on their new tour. I was so psyched. This show was going to be special. I knew it.