Destroyed by Your Lack of Sympathy

The Guys....

Day 2

I smiled at the band as Bob introduced me. "Yo! Guys, this is Amber Mariah Reyes, and she is the reporter travelling with us, filming our FUSE video diary. Hopefully we won't drive her crazy. Alright guys, Let's just keep it calm. No sexcapades, Frank and Gerard."

Gerard and Frankie blushed. I smiled. "This is gonna be fun... I love you guys, by the way. Huge fan."

Gerard's face brightened a bit. "Sweet, touring with a fan!"

I giggled. "Do you guys mind if I start to film?"

Ray smiled. "Not at all."

I took out my camera and set up, as the bus started to move slightly. "Hello, this is Amber for FUSE, and I'm with My Chemical Romance on their ever-so-awesome tour bus! So, This is the band."

I pointed the camera at the guys, who all waved and did dorky smiles. "So guys... What's up?"

Frank giggled spazztically. "Well, I'm slightly sugar high do to supreme overdosage of twizzlers and skittles!"

The others laughed. "The 'fro's just... chillin with the Boblet."

I whispered to the camera, "Ray's lame attempt to sound cool."

Ray smiled. "You're right, I'm hopeless."

"So...Where ya playing tonight?"

Gerard smiled. "Basically the most raddest place on earth, Times Square."

"Awh! That's so rad!"

Mikey squealed. "Oh my god you said rad! I didn't think anyine but us used that anymore!"

I giggled. "So... Amber Mariah, heh? Is it alright if I call you Black Mariah?"

I laughed. "Sure, Gee."

Gerard giggled. "You're so rad!"

"Awh, thanks!"

Needless to say I was a bit hyper since I just met all of my favorite band...."So, Black Mariah... Can ya play any instruments or sing?"

I blushed. I'd always been insecure about my voice. "Well... I sing, but I don't think I'm that good. I can kick ass at guitar, though."

Frank jumped up and hugged me. "OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU!"

I laughed. Bob said, "Nonsense. You have a great voice. I think you're right about the guitar part, though. You should definitely play for that little black camera you're holding. I'll film you playing, since I hate cameras."

I giggled and blushed. "Okay..."

Bob added, "I'll only film you if you sing...."

Oh no.... On camera? "Bob..."

"Amber...."

"...Fine."

Frank jumped up and giggled. "YAY! I'll let you use Texas!"

"Sweet, Thanks Frankie!"

Frank smiled and ran to the back of the bus, returning with the white and red guitar. I looked at the guys. "Any preferences?"

I heard Bob say to the camera, "Prepare to be amazed."

I blushed. "I'm not that good, Boblet!"

He giggled and focused the camera on me. Gerard said, "Play your favorite song off of Three Cheers."

I blushed. I was going to play my favorite song from my favorite band for my favorite band and basically all the FUSE watchers. Shit, that's an audience.

I strumming the guitar. The guys were watching me intently. I heard Bob say something to the camera but ignored it as I focused on the song. I began, first saying about changing the lyrics a bit.

"In the middle of a gunfight,
in the center of a restaurant,
They say,
Come with your arms raised high.
Well they're never gonna get me...
And like a bullet through a flock of doves
to wage this war against your faith
in me your life,
will never be the same
On your mother's eyes say a prayer. Say a prayer.
Now. But I can't.
And I don't know, how we're just two women
As god had made us. Well I can't
Well I can't too much too late
or just not enough of this
"

I smiled as I realized I was hitting every note perfectly, even the rough somewhat screaming notes.

"pain in my hear for your dying wish
I kiss your lips again.
They all cheat at cards
The checkers are lost.
My cellmate's a killer.
They make me do pushups in drag....
But nobody cares if you're losing yourself
Well I'm losing myself and
I MISS MY MOM
will they give me the chair?
Lethal injection or swing from the rope if you dare?
"

The screaming perfect. The guitar perfect. I wasn't even really paying attention to my playing, I just let myself loose.

"Nobody knows, all the trouble I've seen.
Now. But I can't
And I don't know how we;re just two women as god had made us.
Well I can't Well I can't.
Too much too late or just not enough of this.
Pain in my heart for your dying wish.
I kiss your lips again.
To. Your. Room.
Where they ask of you...
They'll make you want to say.
So long.
When I don't remember I remember.
"

I smirked as I began the screaming part with ease.

" YOU! DO YOU HAVE THE KEYS TO THE HOTEL?
YOU BASTARD! BURN THE MOTHERFUCKER ON FIRE!
BURN!
"

I began the guitar solo, loving the feeling of my fingers moving up and down the guitar's neck.

"Life. Is. But. A. Dream!
For the dead.
And well I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends.
No.
No no no.
No no no.
Hey hey hey a yeah yeah.
NO NO NO NO NO NO!
"

I stopped and quickly came back down to earth, anxiously waiting for their reaction. My eyes were squeezed shut. I heard whoops and cheers from the guys and opened my eyes in surprise. "OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU'RE AMAZING! You make me feel like a geeky choir kid..."

I laughed at gerard's comment. "I'm glad you liked..."

"Liked? I LOVED! I am totally getting you to do that song on stage tonight. Totally. Oh my god you're fucking amazing!"

He noticed the camera and smiled. "Black Mariah, everyone..."

I blushed modestly. "Bob turn that damn thing off."

Bob laughed and shut off the camera. Brian called from front of the bus. as he was driving, "Guys! We're at the venue! Everyone ready to set up?"

A chorus of 'yeah' and mumbles of agreements rang through. I handed Frankie his guitar. He handed it back, his eyes sparkling. "Keep it. You deserve it."

"Oh my god! You mean it?!"

"Yeah. It's yours!"

"Oh... Thanks, I ... I dunno what to say?"

He giggled. "Ah, it's fine."

I blushed and asked, "Can... Can you sign it?"

"of couse, kiddo!"

I laughed and blushed. Wow. Frank gave me.... Wow. I'm officially ecstatic. Though I was going to play in front of hundreds of people, I strangely wasn't nervous. Only four more hours until the show. And, I'm so psyched. I have a good feeling about it....