Come Here and Let Me Tell You a Secret

Winter Prior Playing

" So are you going to miss me?",

Balthier asked while staring at the landscape that was known as Malfoy Manor. " Miss you? Where are you going Alex?", Draco replied using Balthier's nickname.

Draco was like a little brother to Balthier, and in turn Draco saw Balthier as the older brother he never had. " I'm going to Hogwarts, you git. I won't be able to visit like I always do, and I'm worried if you'd be a lonely wuss without me." she teased.

It was Christmas Eve, and Balthier's family was staying at Malfoy Manor to celebrate Balthier's and her father's birthdays. Balthier's grandmother started the tradition of giving birth to males on Christmas Eve, so it was always like this. The adults partying while the children kept to themselves. The only children being Balthier and Draco. The both were outside just out of reach of the glow coming from the party and were relaxing after a long snow ball fight.

" I'm not going to be a wuss! I'll do just fine! Besides it's not long before I go to Hogwarts too!" Draco retorted. " I don't think three years is exactly a short amount of time." she said in a know-it-all tone and laughed. Draco was frustrated.

" I bet that I'd make Slytherin, then be the quidditch team captain. And you'd probably flunk or get kicked out somewhere along the line." Draco said. Balthier laughed harder at this. " That will be the day when a muggle learns how to fly!" Draco was even more frustrated at this and punched Balthier on the arm.

They both turned towards the door when they saw the light extended upon them. " Young Master Draco, Master Balthier, the mistress wishes for both to come into the house for sickness will come upon them" a little house elf said.

They both went in the house with Balthier laughing very hard at something Draco had said and Draco following behind her with his face all red. " Come on! Let's go play upstairs." Balthier led Draco.

Upstairs they went to change in their rooms, and went to play with things Balthier had gotten for her birthday. Before Balthier was about to leave his room to go to bed Draco asked, " Do you think I will get in to Hogwarts?" " Of course you will. Don't be stupid. One your not some dumb muggle or a useless squib, and two the bloody people who run Hogwarts take everybody who doesn't go to Durmstrang or Beauxbatons. In other words the left overs." Balthier said.

" If Hogwarts is that bad, then why are you going?" Draco mused. She couldn't go to Durmstrang because her secret would be discovered easily because mostly boys attend, and Beauxbatons would be suspicious because the Black family saw it as a girly school. " My mum would sob if I was to far away from home, and so would yours." she lied. She imitated her mother sobbing and crying, which made Draco laugh.

And with that she said good night and went to bed where she was giddy and excited for the next day: Christmas.
♠ ♠ ♠
If your wondering, Balthier's nickname comes from her middle name, Alecessio. ( Balthier is pronounced as BAAL- thee-ER and Alecessio is pronounced A- LEX- C- O) Draco doesn't know Balthier's secret.