Come Here and Let Me Tell You a Secret

Don't Run With the Scissors

It was hot. Very hot on this particular day, and Balthier was inside her house laying in her room. With her father gone out on business, and her mother gone to get her supplies for Hogwarts, Balthier was at home alone suffering. Today's wind blew very little, and every time she felt it she wanted more. And the waiting was terrible as well. She was waiting and waiting. Followed by more sweat and scarce patience.

The only reason for her mother to leave the house today was so she can get Balthier's school books. Her parents wanted her to study early, so she can prove to be better then the Prewett sons. Although they had taught her a few things already such as Occlumency, some basic spells, and some healing spells.

She had it. Had it with the waiting and the sweating. She wanted to go outside! So she got dressed, made sure she looked like a boy, put on her shoes and left the house. She knew where she wanted to go too; the muggle playground. She knew that she was a bit old for playing in the dirt, but she had never went there in her whole life, but she had seen it on her way home from the food market. She saw all the children there playing and having fun. She always wanted to go there, but her parents perfered her to study magic.

She walked down the sidewalk with such speed that she felt a bit more breeze. She was so excited. Her walk then turned into a light jog. She kept thinking of all the fun she would have. Her jog then turned into a sprint. She thought of all the new people and friends she would make. Her sprint then turned into a stop.

Could she possibly make friends there? With muggles? Was that even allowed? Are they friendly? Would her parents find out? Would it be okay to... to ... to act like a ..girl? She stopped the swarm of thoughts and shook her head subconsiously. Of course it wouldn't be okay to do that. She silently decided to not talk or play with anybody there.

She still wanted to go but now she was insecure. She just didn't know anymore, but she kept going. That's just how she was. She would be unsure about something, but if she wanted it then she'll keep going. This trait of hers was a good and bad thing, and it often made her parents frustrated.

She started coming closer to the edge of the muggle town. And as she entered town she saw strange things. She saw people rolling on boards with wheels and people sitting inside large things that have wheels too, made loud sounds, and moved too. They came in many shapes and colors. Balthier was throughly amazed. She was starting to think that muggles are amazing.

She finally came to the playground, and she couldn't wait. It had been a long while since she had some fun and a smile on her face; Christmas time to be exact. But something was a bit strange. She didn't exactly hear children having fun. She did hear laughs but they were troubling, because they were heard along with cries and pleas for help.

" How about we give this buck-toothed hairball a hair cut?", a awefully heafty boy laughed. Balthier saw three boys, a little younger than herself, standing around a kneeling girl with bushy hair crying and struggling. The biggest boy was holding her hair and a pair of sharp scissors while the others held her head and arms. " Stop it that hurts!" the young girl cried. The biggest boy had started standing on the back of her legs to prevent more struggling.

Balthier was shocked how could anybody and to a girl none the less. She could just feel her anger boiling inside her. What am I doing here? I got to help her! she thought as she started running up to them. She ran up there as fast as she could. She had to make it before they started cutting.

" Granger, you ready for your new look?" the oldest boy laughed in her face. The young girl just closed her eyes as the tears streamed down her face. He had her hair and was about to start cutting when one of the boys noticed Balthier running toward them.

" Jack! Look" " What is it you git?! I'm busy!" Right then Balthier made a tight fist and launched it at one of the boy's face. He let go of the young girls arm and ran off for a fist just made contact with his left eye. The young girl took this as her chance to escape and pushed them off of her and she ran behind a slide.

The oldest boy was dumbstruck as he found his bum connecting with the wood chips. Balthier caught the other boy by surprise and punched him in the stomach. He bent down clutching his stomach and Balthier pushed him to the ground. She then threw in a kick to his butt.

" What do you bloody wankers think your doin'?!" she yelled, " Three boys picking on a young girl?! You must be out of your minds!" Just as she finished she was pushed to the ground by the boy with the scissors.

" Who in the hell do you think you are?!" he yelled as Balthier hit the ground, " Here I am having a good time just about to show FREAK Granger a good lesson and all of a sudden I'm pushed on the ground." This boy was unreasonably angry. " Your a boy shouldn't you know girls are useless? I was about to show her that till you came along you git!" Balthier got up and tackled him to the ground. She was also very angry.

She was sick of it. She was tired of being catorigised as 'useless'. Her whole life circled around this dumb way of thinking. She had to pretend to be a boy because she was not good enough as a girl. Only boys would get the fortune.

The only reason she pretended was because she was only doing was she was told. She didn't want to be disowned. She didn't want to end up alone like her cousins. She wouldn't have anywhere else to go.

And as she thought about it, she didn't know what she was doing. She didn't know she was taking all her frustration out on some boy. Unknown to her, her fists kept colliding with his body.

The large boy had enough of this. He was getting annoyed of Balthier's weakening punches, so he tried throwing a fist a her. He aimed for her face. She wasn't paying attention to his hands. He had forgotten that he had the scissors in his hand. But it was too late. He was sucessful in stopping Balthier. But his had stabbed her left eye with the scissors. He was in shock, and he ran.

There was so much blood, and pain. Balthier couldn't see to her left. She didn't know how this could happen, and all she did was scream from the pain. She ripped out the scissors, but she heard a wet ripping sound. That isn't good. And it only brought more pain. Her hands clutched the left side of her face, and screamed in agony. The younger girl ran to Balthier, and so did someone else. " BALTHIER!"

She turned toward the sound of her name, and partially saw her mother running towards her. It was always strange, the way her mother always knew where she was. Her mother ran to Balthier and the little girl and held her child.

Olivia Black ,unfortunately, had also seen a pair of scissors laying in the wood chips. The pair had been looking at her with a tattered, bloody, dull green eye at the tips of its blades. " I'll run for help.", said the little girl. " No, just leave!", Olivia hissed. The little girl ran out of fear. And Olivia looked around to make sure the playground was empty, and with that see apperated her and Balthier back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? comments? I'm glad this came out longer than the previous chapter.