Sister of Grace

Runaway.

A little girl wonders the streets.
Alone.
Weak.
Afraid.


She wipes her burning tears away swiftly with the sleeve of her tattered and worn jacket. The jacket that he gave to her and the jacket that he'll never get back. The brown jacket reeked of cheap cigarettes and alcohol. The smells that he always wore.

She makes her way down an abandoned alley with a stolen pack of cigarettes in her fragile hand.

'They won't find me here...' she thought as she slumped down on the dirty asphalt concrete between two dumpsters which were in the middle of the alley. The cops have been chasing her down the cold and damp streets of New York City. They weren't letting her get away with stealing cigarettes for the 50th time that month. The store manager was sick of it, seeing that fifty percent of all the cigarettes he had storaged in back, were gone. But cleverly enough, she out ran them. 'They have no idea where I am now' she thought with a smirk on her face. She then lit her cigarette and took a long drag.

"Fuck!" She began wiping the newly formed tears with her sleeve a second time. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stop thinking about him. Wearing this jacket was a constant and painful reminder of his face. She hated crying for him. She didn't want him to see her like that. Not that she was ever going to see him again anyway.."I'm not a little girl! I'm not weak!" she whispered to herself angerly. "He won't break me down..." She began rocking back and forth, her burnt cigarette still in her hand.

Where she was going to go now, she didn't know, nor did she care. As long as she was away from....him she would be okay. She looked up at the setting sun, wondering if she should just stay here, or just abandon everything and start over. 'You can't just re-start your whole life, can you?' She thought aimlessly. She felt so pathetic and alone sitting on grimy concrete littered with candy wrappers and mcdonald's bags. She felt like an abandoned puppy left alone in the rain, or a stray cat hunting for food in people's garbage cans, fighting other strays for the same piece of meat.

She leaned her head back on the brick building behind her, which was one of a thousand Mcdonald's restuarant's that were scattered across the city. She could faintly hear a customer arguing with a worker over the intercom about their order which they un-convientantly screwed up. That's McDonald's for you!

She closed her eyes and took another drag from her cigarette, listening to all the sounds across the city that never sleeps. Sounds of shitty rap music being blared out of car windows filled her ears. 'Why do they think it's so cool to crank up the volume of their stereo like that? It's fucking annoying as hell is what it is...' she thought with a look of disgust on her face. 'Men are such pigs...'

Maybe she could change her name, or maybe move to a different state, or even a different country. She could start all over, get a job, maybe even get her GED. She then could go to school and try to make something of herself...

'I'm only nineteen years old. It's not too late to change' She told herself. 'I'm not going to be dependant on him anymore, that fucking bastard. Knowing him, he'd eventually screw me over again and again if I came back. That would just all the more prove him right, about me being weak and all. What does he know...He apparently doesn't know shit about me! I'll prove him wrong and he'll be sorry for everything he's done...'

She turned her head to the left and watched all the people of New York City walk down the sidewalks. A woman with a little boy walked by, his little hand placed in her big one. The little boy looked over curiously at her, wondering what kind of strange person would just be sitting in an alleyway sandwiched between a Micky D's resturant and an old abandoned warehouse, and she gave the boy a small smile as he passed her. 'Cute kid.' She thought to herself. She began to drift off into her own thoughts, wondering what it would be like to have a child of her own, a nice house, and a man who was worth being with. One that actually gave a shit. One that was successful with his own business. The perfect family. A family worth fighting and dying for...

A man with a long coat, diamond rings and necklaces, and leather boots walked past the alleyway and glaced over at her. "Hey there good lookin!" He whistled with a sly smirk on his face. She gave him a dirty look, gave him the middle finger, and turned her head away. 'Fucking pimps...'

Like she said before; Men are pigs.

She sighed and put out her cigarette by crushing it with her shoe. She never thought she'd be the kind of person to smoke. Then again, she never thought that she'd do half the shit she's already done, being with him. She wouldn't be where she is now if it weren't for him, unfortunately. He'd smoked ever since he was thirteen years old. It just kind of rubbed off onto her.

A couple of tears fell from her eyes. As much as she kept telling herself that she wasn't weak, the more things that piled up proved otherwise. She should've refused that first cigarette, but she just didn't have the will power to. She was so dependant on him, it was hard to refuse anything he'd offer her.

She then stood up, took off his brown jacket, and placed it down on the ground. She then laid back down on top of jacket and curled up into a ball, placing her arm under her head for a "pillow".

She then drifted off to sleep as soon as she closed her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll try and add more soon =)