Reverse This Curse

The Beginning of The End

Their laughter rang through the night. I would never forget that.
They'd been sitting around the fire, having a few drinks and truly being happy for once. I knew this because I knew her.
She was the only girl with a coon tail, and she always had those boots on, because she hated being the shorter girl out of the other two. That night, though, she had taken them off and set them aside their little get together.
And now, here I was, slowly deteriorating on the inside. The last drink I had was with her; I wouldn't feel this bad normally.
On my left, Brody and Alanah were chatting quietly, and Mike and Meagan were occupied with each other. No one noticed me.
I fell back on the grass, watching the sun. It was leaving the sky, and twilight was going to come soon. My eyes kept searching around aimlessly, until I spotted something black upon the mall's rooftop.
Seven black forms, actually. It was them, watching, making sure. As my vision blurred and covered with black dots, I tried harder to see them.
And there she was, at the far right of their positions, her hair blowing in the wind. I blinked once, feeling my lips part slightly. From what seemed far away I heard my name being called. I was unresponsive.
Her hand raised, and it looked as if she was waving at me. I whispered her name, thinking, maybe, that I could somehow get a responding answer. In my head, I remembered what she'd last said to me.
-
"Welcome, Maria," she giggled. Cloud's [or was it Azure's?] arm was wrapped securely around her waist. He kissed her hair, causing more laughter, like silver bells, to erupt from her perfect lips.
Raven stood next to them, her face smiling for once. I looked around and saw that Axel, Azure/Cloud, Noctis, and Ravi were all sprawled on a black couch, each one looking as bored as the next as they watched the news.
"Please, do sit," Raven smiled, fangs visible. She slipped her hand under my elbow, leading me over to the large table near the back of the hidden house. It was shrouded in darkness, and I could barely make it out. Just then, the lights flickered on. I was seated at the end chair, and Raven released me. She headed back to the kitchen, her heels clicking on the wooden floor. Alice sat next to me, her radiant smile seeming to brighten the room even more. She pushed her hair back, It's glossy blackness and bleached stripes falling behind her.
"Would you like something? Anything you desire..." she trailed off. Her face gave a quizzical look.
"A drink, please," I said, playing with my hands absentmindedly.
"Anything in mind?"
"Um..," I thought about it. "Do you have any juice?"
Raven was over to me in less than a second, a glass filled with a red liquid.
"Fruit," she explained. I nodded, sipping it. It tasted normal, that was for sure.
"So, you're the girl Alice told us about, hm?" asked the boy who had been holding onto Ally. I smiled. "Nice to meet you. I'm Cloud."
"Maria," I replied. He laughed. "I know."
"Wait," Axel said, her unnatural red hair messy from laying upside down on the couch. "That's Maria?"
"Yes, Axel."
"Nice to meet you!" she gushed, the happiness pouring out of her. She pulled me into a cold embrace. The other sat at the table, their chatter dissolving.
"Everyone," Alice said, an absolute smile on her lips, "This is Maria. Please, make her feel welcome."
-
"Well, how did you like the night?" she asked me, laughing as we sat on the edge of the cliff where I'd first saw them. The others were out in the woods, hunting.
"It was amazing!" I blurted out, and then laughed again.
"Yeah, It was," she said, her laughter dying down a bit. She looked at me, her deep, violet blue eyes twinkling in the reflection of the moon. I took another swig from my beer.
"Well, we'd best be going," she said, standing. She helped me to my feet. "I'll take you home."
-
"I'll see you soon, Maria Valentine!" Alice called from her car. I could see Cloud nibbling her neck from inside. I waved, laughter coming from me, shaking my body. I stumbled inside and collapsed on my bed, still laughing.

-
"Maria?! Maria!"
My body was being shaken now. I shut my eyes, only wanting sleep. My name was still being called by friends when the unconsciousness waves washed over me and pulled me under. I did not resurface.
"I'll see you soon, Maria Valentine."
♠ ♠ ♠
"Azure" was originally Azul, but I had to change it because It was "misspelled". -.-''
comments are love!