Demolition Lovers

To The End

"Raven..."
Ash was facing downward, looking scared and slightly nervous.
"What do you want, Ash?" I hissed. Rolling my eyes, I looked to the sky. It was twilight out, and I was going to be late.
My anger grew as he just stood there, being silent. Sighing, I turned and started down the street again.
"Wait! Rave!"
"No! I'm going to be late!"
"I don't care if you'll be late or not. I don't even want you to go. I love you, Raven. I always have, ever since I first met you."
"You-"
He had pulled me into his warm embrace. And I didn't care that I was supposed to be outraged with him. I didn't care about anything right then except for one thing.
He was holding me; He cared.
"Ash..."
I don't know how it happened after that, but I was holding on to him, grasping for him, my face buried in his shoulder. And he, who had seemed to have lost it altogether, was raining kisses on the back of my neck, saying, "I wish I had told you earlier, I wish I had."
"Oh, Ash."
Something else happened, and I still didn't know how.
I felt so weak, and so fatigued. I glanced downwards, but my eyes wouldn't tear away when I had wanted them to.
We were standing in a pool of blood. Our blood.
His kisses had ceased; so had his words. His arms fell to his sides and down he fell, onto his knees, like I had. I looked at his chest. Blood soaked his shirt there. Had we been shot? I didn't know, but I was happy.
I - we - died that night. We had each other, and that was all I ever wanted. I would rest peacefully.
The last words he spoke, all the 'I love you's' he had said to me, the last one I had said to him before unconsciousness had taken over, they all made the death better. These thoughts running through my head, I saw the blackness merging over my eyes as I felt myself falling to my side and onto the cold ground.
The last thing I had heard, 'I love you' in whisper. It had come from him.
The school we had just graduated from and the police started the search the next night, and eventually found us in a clearing in the forest.
Funny, on the day they found us, it was the first snowfall of winter. My friends had all said it was 'romantic in a twisted way'.
Romantic, or not, I loved it. I loved him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fail.