Don't Blame Me for Being Me

Chapter 20. Erase me, but our past can’t be erased. Ever, my darling.(From Siberia with love)

I spent some time resting in the room and decided to come at guys’ rehearsal. After all I arrived before a day to the game exactly for it, for watching their preparations. So I dressed, grabbed my purse and walked out of the hotel. Sure, I know where the guys are, so I took taxi and drove to them. And I knew they all were hungry so, at first, I bought some food for them. I found a hall they were rehearsing almost at once and walked in. I stopped preparations for some minutes I spent greeting and hugging everyone I’ve known there and everyone who has known me. My KVN friends.
Andrei came up to a common noise.
“I remembered I’ve came exactly for it, for your rehearsal”, I exclaimed.
He made a huge smile, grabbed me and led to the first row. There was another team – Piramida (spelled like Pee-ra-mee-da) or Pyramid in English. Guys were watching their future performance at a laptop. This team is from the Caucasus. I’ve always liked these boys. as much as they’ve liked me back. They’re so nice, friendly and attentive. Especially to girls. My good friends from this team are David (its captain, a leader and leading actor), Aslan, Zaur (spelled Zuh-oor), Timur (spelled Tee-moor), Vorobei (it’s his nickname) and Zhora. Timur, by the way, is the most popular name at their homeland, so the team has four boys named so.
When I came up to all of them and we greeted each other, I found out my Aslan, my beautiful Aslan, got married a year ago. And some other boys are married already too. So, what could I say? Congratulations to all of them and their wives. After short chat we ended their watching altogether. Their performance was enormously funny. I didn’t laugh so hard for a long time. I said I brought a food. Everybody gladdened. So I fed three KVN teams which were there. Then there was a time for Maximum’s rehearsal. David and me sat together somewhere between 5 and 7 rows, right in centre, and began talking. While Andrei and his teammates were showing their program at the game, David and me had a time to speak about everything. We talked about our personal lifes, state of countries we live in; we compared prices in Russia and ones in USA. We discussed changes in KVN teams I saw in that day, we discussed KVN at all; we put out our problems without trying to find solutions and just exchanged so much information that I was tired to speak and to listen. David was too. So to the end we were just staring at each other and smiling being glad to see each other again. It was somewhere around 3 a.m. when Maximum finished. The most of its rehearsal I missed. But I watched the end of it and even took a part. Listen.
When David and me ended our chat I walked closer to a stage. Boys were making item with Sergei, Andrei and red Dima. Andrei and Dima’s roles were two teenage girls, weird and sooo funny. Sergei was playing their physical training teacher. To the end of the item he shouted at them: “you’re two weakers! I can’t train you!” and other like that. Then Andrei tells “but, teacher, you have a good stimulus. If you train such girls as us it’s possible raise all Russian sport. Just imagine, we”, he showed at himself and Dima. “we became champions some day”. Dima sat on his knees and bent down that to his back was parallel to a floor. Andrei continued. “We’ll be delivered with medals, I’ll stand on pedestal and say…” in that moment Andrei’s mobile rang. He took it out of his pocket and picked up. “Hello?” he said. We laughed. He’ll stand on pedestal and say “hello”. Andrei showed us it was something important and walked at backstage. So it was a little break. I hopped at the stage. Dima was sitting there. I sat next to him.
“Hey, girl”, I said. As they didn’t finish the rehearsal, he was still in girl’s dress and image.
“Yeah, my mom has always wanted to have a daughter”, he joked.
I laughed.
“So big hall”, I said looking at it.
“Yeah. Wanna continue instead of Andrei?” he suggested to me.
I didn’t see the final of this item but agreed at once.
“take off your shoes”, he ordered and made the same pose he was left by Andrei.
I obeyed and threw my shoes off.
“Stand on my back”, he said.
“How?” I asked with my eyes growing wider.
“Ordinary. By your feet. C’mon, stand”, he repeated.
“Are you crazy? I’m heavy”, I said.
“I guess you know Andrei’s heavier”, he snapped. “Don’t fear”.
“I don’t know what you’re gonna do to me. What if I’ll fall down?” I whined.
“Anybody has never fallen down from me”, he turned his head to me and gave me an indecent glance.
He hinted at sex. I laughed. I carefully stepped on his back, on convenient for him spots – his loins and spot below his neck a little.
“You can do a massage”, he joked.
“I see it’s not all you have in your item”, I said.
Dima nodded.
“Somebody, take my camera out from my handbag”, I yelled to the others. “and take pics, please”.
David, who was still there, found my camera. In that moment Andrei returned. He looked at us and smiled.
“Oh, I see, you’re going well without me”, he joked pretending to go away.
We laughed.
“No”, I said. “You’re very pretty girl. Prettier than me”. Andrei was still wearing a wig.
“Hold her hands”, Dima said to Andrei.
He came up and took my hands tightly standing in front of me.
“What are you gonna do?” I asked with a fear in my voice.
Andrei just smiled. Then I felt Dima’s back rocked a little and I began raising despite my will. I glanced down. Dima began getting up! With me on his back! I gripped Andrei’s hands so tight. Poor boy. I left traces of my nails.
“Oh…m-my…g-god-d”, I said stuttering.
Boys cheered me telling not to fear. It’s easy to say! After few seconds Dima stood with his legs straight keeping his back and me in the same position. I tried to stand straight too. Andrei let my hands go. I yelled. Boys laughed. In spite of (or, may be, because of) my fear I could stood straight on Dima’s back. David was already taking pics.
“Wow!” I said.
“We’ll replace Andrei. You’re easier and have experience already”, Dima joked.
After few seconds I asked to take me off outta there. And Dima got tired to keep me. Andrei helped us. I almost jumped at Andrei’s neck – just threw myself on him. Dima stood completely straight. Andrei was keeping me in strong embrace above a ground. I wrapped my arms around his neck.
“Dima, and you will keep Andrei in the end? Guys, it’ll be superb. But Andrei, you’re not afraid? It will be funny if you fall down, but not effective”, I said.
“yeah, you right. And in the end there will be music – We are the Champions of Queen”, Andrei explained.
“Cool. It’s amazing item. You and Dima are very funny as girls”, I praised them.
Andrei was bringing me along the stage for some time. Then he came to edge of the stage and I stepped down in the hall. David showed me pics he did. They’re funny. So Maximum continued its rehearsal. Andrei and Dima repeated the final of that item. I must confess it’s really cool. Dima’s a superhero, so strong… I decided to take more pics with guys, and the end of the rehearsal I spent with my camera. When Maximum finished, it was a need for some boys from Maximum to stay. The next team asked them to help making one item with them at back vocal. So the rest of our team decided to wait for them. I took a seat next to Andrei.
“You’ll win. At least you’ll go further, in quarterfinal. Too enough good material”, I said my point of you. “I came to see only your victory”.
He smiled. I put my head on his shoulder.
“Crazy day. I had a time to get across with my boyfriend, to come to Moscow and meet my old pals, to stand at Dima’s back and to do many other good things”, I said.
“And I still can’t believe I see you again”, he said.
“You see me. You know, sometimes I regret that I forgot you at once after moving into London”, I said.
“You could. New places, new people. It always helps. At all knowing you, I’m not surprised”, he replied.
“But at all it was surprising to me myself. When I think about that whole situation, I find it surprising. I really had strong feelings to you. I needed to have it in order to go to you over hundreds of miles to see you. And it was blown away at once”, my voice came to whisper.
“don’t mind. We forgot about each other. It’s happened”, he said.
He kept speaking but I didn’t hear. I fell asleep by chance. I don’t know how much time I slept. I woke up because of a noise of cars and streets. I opened my eyes and saw I was in a car.
“Where I am?’ I still asked.
“In a taxi. We’re going to the hotel”, I heard Andrei’s voice.
He was sitting next to me and holding me. There were Sergei and another Andrei in the car.
“I fell asleep in the hall? Fuck. Where’s my handbag and camera?” I asked them all.
“everything’s with us”, Sergei replied.
“thanks”, I said and looked away at a car window watching a preceding dawn Moscow.