Don't Blame Me for Being Me

Chapter 41 A little less sixteen glasses, A little more “I’ll kiss you”

Chapter 41
A little less sixteen glasses, A little more “I’ll kiss you” (Damn you look so good and I’m drunk)
So Pat and me drove to some club. We walked inside and I led him to a bar. He booked drinks for us and we sat down speaking.
“we, I mean, me and guys, have been here before. A year ago, I guess. I’m sure Pete’s somewhere here”, Pat explained to me.
“It’s a legendary place?” I smiled.
He laughed.
“it may be called so too”, he replied. “Just if you know one cool place in a strange town, it’s not so necessary to find a new one”.
“yeah, you’re right. I like this place, by the way”, I said looking around.
We got our drinks. There were just cocktails but it was tasty. We kept speaking. After some minutes we saw Pete who was walking exactly to us. We met him with wide smiles. He greeted us too. But he wasn’t alone. He was with Gerard Way as I could see then.
“Pat said you could be here”, I told Pete.
“Um…yeah, sure. It’s nice here”, he replied taking a seat next to me.
Gerard sat down next to him.
“Where’s Dasha?” I asked Pete.
He gestured somewhere into deepness of the club.
“oh, clear”, I smirked. “I thought you two had a romantic date or something”, I told him.
“as if you don’t know Dasha”, he replied. “clubs, clubs, clubs”.
“Pete, take it easy. We’d never been in these places. You can create romantic for her anywhere and anytime. The tour with you happens not so often. So let us rest, okay?” I said and made a sip of my drink.
Pete nodded with a smile.
“anyway, I like you two are with us”, he said.
“Pete”, I beckoned him to move closer. “is it Gerard Way?” I asked leaning to his ear.
“sure”, Pete approved that, but he didn’t introduce me to him then.
Boys began speaking with each other. I stared at Gerard trying to make him pay his attention to me. I wasn’t successful. He was somewhere in his own thoughts looking at the dance floor. After some minutes Pete left us. He was gonna continue this night only with Dasha. I grew to wanna be with somebody too. Exactly with some guy. So Pete walked away and I glanced at Gerard smiling. To my surprise he smiled back. He sat closer and began speaking with Patrick about some music. I was seriously nodding and adding “you’re right”, “yeah, it’s true”, “damn, it’s just a shit”, “it’s a fucking awesome thing” or something else. After all I had to introduce myself to Gerard. It was very ordinary – “nice to meet you” – “nice to meet you too” – “I love your songs” – “oh, thanks, it’s pleasant to hear”. Fuck, I couldn’t think up anything smarter. Oh, no, I lie. I added some strange and long compliment to Gerard which we all laughed at. After it I drank up my cocktail and began clicking my mobile listening to guys’ conversation ‘cause anyways I was between them. So when I heard Gerard inviting us to his company (MCR and someone else), I slowly looked up and smiled to Patrick.
“as the girl will decide”, he replied to Gerard’s invite.
I thrusted my mobile back into the pocket of my jeans and jumped out from the chair.
“let’s go, boys”, I smiled.
“Well, follow me”, Gerard said getting up.
He walked somewhere into the crowd. I grabbed Pat and went for Gerard. Then I caught his hand fearing to lose him out of my sight. He squeezed my hand and I liked it. I just thought “fuck, my hand is squeezed by Gerard Way. I won’t wash it”. So we came to chill-out zone to that company. There were some girls, Mikey Way, Frank Iero and some else dudes. I greeted all of them by my wide adorable smile and waving my hand and sat down at some couch next to Frank. Patrick was caught by a very nice girl.
“nice to see ya. What’s your name?” he asked me at once.
“same to me. I’m Ira”, I replied.
“What?” he leaned closer.
“my name? Ee-ruh”, I spelled.
“oh. Cool. How’s it written?” he was so interested.
“I-R-A. Is it clear now?” I smiled.
“yeah. We can keep conversation”, he smiled back.
“oh, well. Then I have one term. We’ll keep conversation with drinks”, I said.
He gestured “no problems” and after a minute I saw a bottle of whiskey on a table in front of us. Sooo…what to say? It was one of the smartest and most amazing chat in my life. It was interesting, flirtatious at times (hell, it was cool), really smart at times and then we spoke about serious things. Sometimes it was so funny that we were just laughing and tapping at each other not saying any normal word. Well, it was stupidly. We attached the attention of Way brothers. They spent some time with us, but they understood soon that they couldn’t get us. I mean, because that to get us they should drink as much as we did . So they left us almost at the same time. Gerard stayed for awhile. I said some long obscure compliment to him again and made us all laugh at it. So necessary contacts were made as well. Frank and me were just great friends that night. Large whiskey mates. Somehow the time to leave came. It came with Patrick who walked to us and said that we had to go. Frank and me began refusing loudly.
“Man, I wanna stay”, I said cheeky and not hiding how much I was drunken.
Frank was agreeing silently, holding my waist.
“we have to go. C’mon, get up”, Pat insisted.
“no, please, Pat, just for a while.. let me stay”, I whined.
“I’ll care about her, don’t worry”, Frank said.
“no, I’ll do it. you two will get lost, I fear. Ira, get up”, Patrick wasn’t gonna joke and made me stand up.
Frank stood up too. After some minutes of kinda disagreement, Pat was successful in tearing me away from Frank. Remembering it all now I feel how much I need to apologize to Pat. But at first I need to say “thanks”. Well, Patrick was trying to turn me to the way towards an exit. In that time I thought I didn’t make anything farewell. Patrick didn’t keep me, so I turned around and run up to Frank, exactly into his embrace. We laughed as crazy. I kissed his cheek, he did the same to my one. Farewell gesture. Then my eyes stopped on Gerard who was looking at all that scene giggling. I said to Patrick “I need to say “bye” to the people”. He sighed and nodded.
“you have one minute”, he replied and sat down knowing I’ll be in more time.
So, still keeping Frank with me I came up to Gerard. I gestured him to get up. He placed his glass away and, to my surprise, committed my ask. I gave him a strong embrace which he answered.
“it was really really nice to meet you”, I said and kissed his cheek so hard that he had to beat me off.
“that’s all”, I said after and came up to Mikey.
I didn’t ask such respectable man to get up for me. I just hugged him tapping his back for a long time. Then Pat tore me apart from Frank and Mikey. I kissed Frank one more time, poured out Gerard’s drink by chance and was led away from there by Patrick. What was next I don’t remember with such details. Of course, we got in taxi and drove to the hotel. On the way to my room I was hanging on Patrick and torturing him by stupid questions. It was on the way from an elevator to my room. So I was asking him kinda next things:
“what the girl you were with in the club? she’s nice, do you know? May be even hot! You wrote her mobile number? You kissed her? She kisses well? Or awesome? What you were talking about? No, she’s not a sort of a girl for talking! Haha! Pat, where we’re going? Where we’re going to? Frank’s soo good, you know? He’s nice. And you’re too, Patty. You know, I like you. You’re my good friend. You had some trouble ‘cause of me tonite, yeah? You’re so good…unless this ass Trohman!”
Why I remembered him then? We were next to the room he and Andy had been before. So and with those words I kicked that door hard by my foot. And after a second Patrick and me saw Pete and Andy who were keeping drunken Joe and were altogether trying to come out of the room. Joe was drunken in that state when a mind works but can’t control legs and a body at all. Seeing Joe I laughed and let Pat go.
“hope he’ll get normal till tomorrow”, I said. “Pat, they need your help”.
Joe tried to reply smth, but made awful sounds similar to sounds of an old car engine. I laughed one more time and made my way to my room.