Race to the Pier

Hobson Park

I sat on the balcony, watching the sun cast an orange glow on the sea.
The sea gulls were calling out to each others, the waves rumbling and the winds ruffling the sunflower forest on the sand dune. Then all damned peace was shattered.
"MACKENZIE! Fucking idiot, get up!" Mom boomed as she came out on the shady balcony, and hoisted me up from the floor, slamming me against the sandstone wall.
She glared as she pinned me on the wall, her green eyes getting speckled with yellow spots and her nails began to dig into my wrists.
"You're going to be late for school. Get off your ass and git to it!" She yelled in my face, her spit splattering my cheeks.
I clenched my teeth, trying not to say anything that will piss her off.
"O......kay." I spat out, forcing my self not to say go fuck your shit to her.
She let me go and I ran to my room, slamming the door then double locking the locks I have on my door.
You don't want to know how many times I've called the police about my parents.
They ALL said I was lying and never believed me.
I hate cops.
Hah, they'll believe me when I'm fucking dead.
Last night, mommy and daddy got drunk to the point where they smashed the glass table in the living room, broke a broom from hitting it on the sofa and several vodka bottles and pure alcohol bottles lay on the kitchen tiles.
My mother always blames the mess on me.
At least I get away for six hours at school from home but that's not enough.
I went to my closet and put on my favorite grey Hollister v-neck sweatshirt with a kangaroo pocket and a pair of ripped slighty True Religion dark wash shorts along with leather flip-flops.
I snatched my phone from the charger resting atop the ancient teal dresser and walked into the bathroom to fix my face and hair.
I stared into the mirror and saw a girl with blonde wavy hair, with blue/grey eyes staring back at me. I put on smoke eyeliner and smudged on marine blue eyeshadow and light purple shadow. I finger combed my waves into a ponytail,letting the side bangs fall to frame my face.
I walked back into the room, eying it, looking for my plum Balgencia purse then spotted it leaning against the dresser.
I leaned down and got it, and walked to the side window, unlatching the latch.
I then climbed out to the balcony and quickly ran down the stairs to avoid my parents.
Taking off my flip-flops, I wiggled my toes in the sand and ran to the boardwalk.
I looked back, looking at the sea foam green house.
I walked on the beach, letting the waves run over my feet and squinted as I saw someone not too close walking towards me.
As I walked closer, I got a good view of the mystery person.
A man, probably in his early 30's and his face shielded by his baseball hat.
"Hi." He greeted, coming face to face.
"Uh, hi." I acknowledged him and kept walking.
'That was creepy.' I thought as I bent down and picked up a sand dollar, washing it in the shore. I kept walking till I reached my boyfriend's house and saw him outside sitting on his boardwalk steps.
"Hey baby!" He exclaimed, running up to me to kiss me.
"Hey Adam!" I grinned and hugged him tightly.
"Uh, who was that dude you were talking to?" He asked, shaking his light brown shaggy hair and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"I actually don't know." I laughed, and kissed him lightly on his lips.
"I heard your parents getting drunk. I can let you crash here for a while if you want, my mom said it was okay.." he offered, realizing I'm being really tense.
"Thank you." I whispered, smiling gratefully.
"You're welcome." he grinned as he dug out his iPod and handed a ear bud to me.
I put it in my ear, hearing After Hours by We are Scientists, and held his hand as we walked down the beach to Boomer High.
As we arrived on campus, the bell rang twice and everyone scattered to get to their classes.
"I'll see you later, Mackie!" Adam replied as he leaned down to kiss me and held me tightly.
"Later, Adam!" I grinned, and walked into the school, my flip-flops clacking against the navy blue tiles and walked up to my lime green locker.
I opened the locker and quickly grabbed my binder and walked next door into Mrs. Greeniz's class.
I walked up to my seat to see Mrs. Greeniz was expecting an excuse why I was late.
"Mackenzie, you're late. Care why to explain?" She inquired, pushing her red glasses up her nose.
"Uh, just mark me tardy already?" I shrugged and turned to Jacklyn.
"Hey, you okay?" she asked, blinking her hazel eyes and ran a hand though her pin-straight brunette hair.
"Why is everyone asking me that? I'm fine!" I answered, getting defensive.
"You haven't heard?" she asked again, her eyes widening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, found some mistakes, haha.
I will deft. redo this chapter!