Race to the Pier

Diver's Cove

"Aw, playing hard to get, Mackenzie?" he grinned, his eyes flickered up my body and down.
"Kyle, will you stop it, I have a boyfriend-remember? We are NO longer together,"
I reminded, and kept walking, trying to steer clear of Kyle.

Yeah, Kyle&I did go out for five months, he was a sweet guy in all but now, he's a sick, perverted player. He ran up front of me and stopped me from further walking.

We stood in the hall, staring at each other like we were in love for a moment- you know the gaze. Yup, no love!

I dashed out of the way and ran down the end of the hall, ignoring his shoutings of so called love for me, but I stopped in my tracks as I saw a janitor bending down to pick some thing up.

I quickly put on my "I'm doing nothing, just being cute and innocent!" look as he turned around, holding a bottle of bleach and rose his eyebrows, his sea foam green eyes twinkled as he recognized me. "Mack-Lindsey, miss! Don't be scuffin up those halls, I jus waxed 'em. Go on miss, go on, but be safe, Maxie!" he spoke with a lisp, though a toothy grin and scratched his salt and pepper beard.

He pointed to the backdoor and unlocked it for me, patting my head like I was a little child.
"Thank you, I'll be safe, Petey!" I called out, waving at the old fellow and ran out the backdoor into the woods. The janitor, Petey is harmless, and..when you talk to him, he opens your eyes up to new perspectives. He doesn't get a big pay from the school so I try to bring him food or water, I guess you can consider him homeless..

He lives in this little shack located in the woods, facing the beach. It's really a neat shack, he's living proof that you can live with little necessities. Sometimes I go to him for advice or just to get away from reality..he'll sit there, and nod as you ramble on then give his insights. He really does have outspoken thoughts. Plus, he makes good chai tea.

I walked on the marked trail, the clouds suddenly looming over the evergreen forest and the callings from the Bald Eagles stopped, filling the forest with an eerie gloom.

I shivered and told my self to suck it up and meet Adam already.

I stared at the cold, hard ground and froze as I heard a light rustle.

I slowly turned my head around, swallowing my spit to scream if I needed to.

"Whose's there?" I walked slowly to the Boysenberry bush, and peeked in timidly, expecting something to jump at me.

As I peered into the bush, something tapped me on the shoulder.

With a startled scream, I spun around, ready to attack.

"OH THANK GOD!" I breathed, lunging at Adam for a tight bear hug.

"Did I scare you, Mack?" He grinned, hugging me back tightly and let go.

I rose an eyebrow and snickered "Nah, just looking for some berries,"
"I don't see any." He snapped a twig off the bush and eyed it for any sign of berries.

I would never admit I was afraid. Ever.

I walked closer to him, a playful grin ready to emerge, and replied "That's because I ate them."

I twirled a lock of hair flirtatiously, watching Adam's eyes wander to my lips.

He leaned in, leaving a lingering kiss on my cheek and held my hands.

I cocked my head to the left, and wondered why didn't he kiss me more? Seems silly but he always go straight to my neck..wait, what if he..

"Frazier, uh, are you really pregnant?" he mumbled, staring at the ground, his raven hair fumbled downwards, man, am I a sucker for cutely mused hair!

"No, we never had sex, 'member?" I murmured, looking to the right, staring at the pine trees, and inhaled the sweet beach meets forest smell. "Mackenzie.." he brushed aside a lock of blonde hair away from my face, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Are you sure? What if it was another guy? Like..." he started, his face clearly showing what he thinks. He thinks I'm lying!

"Like who?" I snapped, pushing him away and my face hardened, maybe, he can see the hurt I'm getting right now. "Kyle. Or Jake.." He paused, sitting down on a fallen branch and stared at me for an answer.

I bit my lips, okay so maybe I did do it with Jake but..no way am I pregnant, right? I mean, its Jake. "Adam, you got to trust me. I'm not pregnant. You know I'm saving my self for marriage. And I won't ever do it with anyone else but you, because...because I love you.
There, I said it. I LOVE YOU." I choked out, a tear managing it's way out from one of my eyes and my throat tightening up.

I felt a pang of guilt for lying to Adam but won't telling him that I did it with Jake make things worse? But still, relationships need honesty...

"I'm sorry but," He threw his hands up in the air, "I don't believe you."

Should I tell him?

Resisting to throw a fit over trust issues, I just simply shut my mouth so I don't make things even more shittier and walked away slowly, hoping he'll call after me.

But, he never did.

I guess not...

I started to pick up the pace, the tears overwhelming me and I ran as fast as I could, sending sandy dirt flying in the air but I didn't care.

I slowed the pace and stared at the york trails. Which one should I go to?

The left trail seems more civilized...but the right trail looks more secluded by looming Red trees.

I sniffled, the sobs slowly getting faster, sending my lungs into a heaving bricks mode.

Maybe if I got lost to the point where I couldn't get out and find civilization, I could probably die and then some random hiker could come by and see my skeleton and be like "Oh my, its Mackenzie Frazier, the girl who got lost!"

I walked timidly over to the trail, my muscles quivering and my short breathings slowed, and the tears began to dry, leaving a trail of salt on my rosy cheeks.

I looked back, with a twang of hope that Adam was behind me, hugging me like Barney's coming to eat him and saying he was stupid to believe those rumors...

With every strep I took up the trail, I noticed that I was walking upward, like up a hill.

The leaves crunched, the cool breeze blew gently, and the clouds above began to swell, full of tears.

"Shit," I muttered, starting to run for cover, in case if it will actually rain.

Placing each foot carefully, I clung to the tree branches for balance on the steep hill like saran wrap.

The sky began to weep, as I got to the top of the hill surrounded with uprooted trees.

"What a trip haza-," I began but slipped and tumbled down the mud to the bottom of the ditch.

Spitting out a piece of leaf that somehow got into my mouth, I groaned, clutching my left ankle, fire shooting up my leg from the swelling, bloody ankle.

I rolled over, wiping the mud from my face, and let out a loud groan of pain.

Even if I had the voice of a t-rex, no one would hear me.

Eying a large piece of tree trunk, and feeling heavier drops of water on my now bare shoulders, I rolled over under the safety of the trunk, shaking. not from the icy cold, but of fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I can do better than this. /=