Ready, Set, Go?

Waking up

I rolled over onto something smooth and warm. I opened my eyes to see Zak's hand under my cheek. I lay there as still as I could be. Oh shit. We fell asleep. What is he going to think? What if I talked in my sleep. Remembering how I dreamed about Zak and I getting married last night made me nervous. I looked up slowly. He was propped up on a pillow looking down at me smirking.

"Good morning," he said calmly. Obviously he had freaked out earlier before I woke up. "You know you snuggle when you sleep?" He looked slightly amused. I looked down and saw that I was hugging his leg. I let go of his arms and rolled over onto my stomach wresting my head on my hands with my elbows on his stomach.

"Sorry," I said. Just stay calm, Amy. He's acting like it's no big deal. Just stay calm. It's just Zak, I thought to myself while staring at his perfect face with the perfect black flippy hair that covered his right eye and his perfectly sea green eyes that made you feel like you were floating. Oh shit. I'm staring at him again.

"I don't mind. You know you talk to yourself too?" he said smirking some. Shit. My pulse began to rush. I sat up and crossed my legs Indian-style.

"And what exactly did I say?" I asked coyly. I watched as he tucked his legs underneath him.

"Not much," he said. "I was asleep for most of it, unfortunately. All I heard was 'I do' and 'I've loved you all along'. Who was it about?"

"Oh, no one," I said blushing slightly. "Just some boy you know."

"I see," he said smiling that smile again.

"What did you dream about last night?" I asked trying to get the subject off of me.

"Oh, just some girl," he said while standing up. He slipped on his flip flops. "You wanna go to the pool later?" He opened the front door.

"Yeah, sure," I said following him to the door.

"I'll be by around 9ish to get you," he said. He hugged me tightly, wrapping his arm arouns my neck. My face was in his chest. His Hollister cologne made my insides do flips. I hugged back. "Thanks for the movie night. You know, with the whole Carrie thing and all I really needed it. Your the best."

"Any time," I said in to his shirt. It came out as a jumbled up bunch of muffled words. He laughed and let me go.

"See you in an hour," he exclaimed and walked out the door to his car.

Shit, an hour? It takes me that long just to take a shower and get dressed. How will I pull off the 'been ready for ever' look with only an hour? I ran up the stairs two at a time. Unfortunatley, being me I tripped on the last one and face planted the floor in my hallway. I jumped up quickly and ran into the bathroom and turned on the water to the shower. I turned and looked in the mirror My hair was standing up on one side from sleeping on that side. My eyeliner had smeared underneath my eyes making it look like I hadn't slept in days. I sighed and brushed down my hair. Wait I'm going to the pool. I'm going to get chlorine in my hair anyways. Why take a shower? I turned off the shower and brushed my hair out. It wasnt greezy just kinda wavy. I turned on my straightener and washed my face while it heated up. Once I was in my bikini and had my hair and waterproof make up was on I grabbed a towel and went down stairs to sit on the couch and wait.

Why didn't he freak out? I thought to myslef while playing with a stringin hanging off of a seat cushion. Maybe, he was just being a good friend and didn't want to wake me up. Maybe that's why he invited me to the pool, so, I knew that nothing changed. It's not like we had sex. All I did was cuddle his leg and talk about him vaguely. A car pulled into my drive-way and honked it's horn. Since my parents were both at work there was no need to come inside. Just take a deep breath it's no big deal. It's just Zak. Have a good time. Forget last night. No matter how much I wanted to forget last night I could help but remember this morning and his smiling face. I got up and went to the door. Here goes nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know she is over reacting.
She has a reason to though. You'll see.
Comment! Subscribe!

♥,
Mel