‹ Prequel: Blood, Sex and Booze

A Mass Hysteria In The Modern World

You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make.

[Martena's POV]

"Hey Armstrong!" I said once Billie came out behind Alyssa. They both sat on the couch next to me and we continued on with a conversation.

"Hey," I said to Martena as I sat next to Alyssa on the couch. "What brings you here?"

"Boredom," she laughed. Alyssa sat with her legs crossed and leaned back on me. I put my arms around her tightly. "I can't tell you how awkward I feel right now." We both laughed and Martena just shook her head. "I'm getting a drink."

Martena went into the kitchen and Alyssa went upstairs to check on the kids. Martena then came back out with three bottles of beer, handing one to me and setting one on the coffee table for Alyssa.

"Thanks," I sighed after taking a drink. "I promised to not drink unless she does and it feels so good."

"Ouch, what caused that?"

I shrugged. "I became a huge asshole one night." She gave me a 'what the hell did you do' sort of look. "I came home wasted and she was trying to take care of me when all I did was call her a controlling bitch."

"Armstrong..." she warned.

"It's okay, it's okay. Everything was resolved."

Alyssa came down and sat next to me again.

"What are you two talking about?" She smiled, taking a drink of her beer also.

"Um, the square root of pi...?" I said, looking at Martena. She gave me the 'you're a dumbass' look then shook her head. "Actually, we were talking about how beautiful you are!" I leaned in for a kiss and she put her hand to my face.

"Do we need a talk on you telling me the truth?" Alyssa asked, putting her hands on the underside of my jaw, forcing me to look at her. I shook my head. "Alright."

"Love you," I said, kissing her face. She smiled at me and patted my hand.

"Stop!" Martena whine. "I don't want to see you two being all lovey-dovey. Can we just have a fun night together?!"

"Already did that," I whispered. Alyssa smacked my arm and Martena hit her face.

[Martena's POV]

I went home drunk, to say the least. Tre took care of me, tucking me in the bed and forcing me to sleep.

"Nothing fun tonight?" I slurred. Tre shook his head and rolled over, his back facing me. "Are you mad?

"No."

"Then what's wrong?"

"You came home drunk at four in the morning and you never called or texted telling me if you were okay or not."

"I'm sorry."

"It's whatever. Goodnight, Love."

[Alyssa's POV]

"Two times in one night?" I laughed as Billie removed my shirt this time. I didn't bother to participate in it, letting him take control. "I don't think we've ever done that before."

"It's a new record," he slurred along with a wink. The smell of beer on his breath was wretched. "Oh, wait." He stood on his knees, using mine to hold himself up.

"What?"

"I need one," he said and went to the dresser, digging through the drawer.

"Please do," I laughed.

He came back, throwing it on the bed, and pulled me up to kiss me. I wrapped my arms and legs around him and he pulled us up even more on the bed. I let go and my head landed on my pillow. He removed his shirt then undid his pants, coming back down to kiss me again.

"I need to go to the gym," I sighed as he ran his hands down my waist.

"What are you talking about? You look fine!"

"I have pudge."

"Hardly!" He kissed my stomach repeatedly. "I like it either way."

I smiled as he moved himself up to hover over me. "You're so drunk," I said, playing with his hair.

"So are you," he scoffed. "You think you're pudgy."

"Shut up," I laughed, kissing him.

[Tre's POV

I woke up suddenly and saw that it was three in the morning. Turning to look at Martena, I saw that she was sleeping soundly.

"I'm sorry," I whispered and kissed her. "I get angry sometimes... and when it's not even your fault."

[Martena's POV]

I woke up from Tre kissing me and I heard he was talking. He was laying on his back and spoke towards the ceiling. I closed my eyes and listened to him.

"Sometimes," he started. "I'm not the best husband, let alone father. But I try. I want to tell you, I really try." He paused and I heard him sniff. "I know I'm a bit... on the odd side." His voice was caught in his throat. "But I'd take that back any day just for you to know that I want to be the best I can be." Tre began crying. "Our kids, our beautiful kids, they don't know how my dad's war life affected mine. It really messed with me." He took in a deep breath. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you. I love our kids and our life together. Being with you has been the decision of my life. I feel as if I've done something right."

I didn't know what to do. I tried not to cry and it was really hard to do.

"Goodnight, my Love," Tre said and kissed me again. "You're perfect."

That's when I blew it. I busted into tears and began sobbing. Tre's arms went around me and I cried into his chest out of instinct.

"I love you so much," I cried. "So, so much."

"You heard all that?" He asked, trying not to cry himself. I nodded my head.

"Tre," I breathed. He tried to give me a smile. "Frank."

"What?"

"Thank you," I half smiled then laid on his chest, keeping one arm around him.

[Alyssa's POV]

I walked into the kitchen the next morning yawning uncontrollably to see Billie making breakfast. He turned and smiled, then looked a bit confused.

"Why are you all dressed up?"

I leaned against the counter in my black, knee length skirt and black shirt. "I'm going to try and get a job."

"Doing what? You never told me about this."

"Interviewer." Billie nodded. "I did a lot of it in high school."

"Really?"

"My school had a media class," I smiled with a shrug. "So be prepared for me to interview you, Mike, or Tre sometime."

Billie laughed and came over to hug my waist. My hands rested on his arms.

"Go get it," he smiled. "You'll do great."

"Thanks." I gave him a kiss and I went on my way. "I'll call you!"

[Miranda's POV]

Mike and I sat on the floor with Jennifer, trying to teach her how to talk.

"Dada," Mike said, playing with her fingers. "Say 'dada'!"

"Da-" she managed to say. It came out as a small, high-pitched squeal and then she giggled. Mike looked at me, surprised.

"Close!" He said. "Now say 'mama'." Jennifer looked at him, confused. She then went to pick up a toy. "No, Jennifer! Come back-"

I laughed. "Mike, it's fine. We'll teach her more later. It's time for her snack now."

[Alyssa's POV]

"Hello," the man said, closing the door behind me. He went around the table and sat down. "Take a seat." He pointed at the chair next to me.

I held my skirt against the back of my thighs and sat down. He handed me an application.

"Thank you," I said, taking the pen too. It was black.

"Name?"

I looked up. "Alyssa Armstrong."

He nodded and smiled. "I knew you looked familiar. How's your husband?"

"Billie? He's doing fine," I smiled.

"That's good," he said with a short sigh. "My daughter's a big fan. She's sixteen."

"So is our daughter, she's our oldest."

"That's nice. Do you have any other kids?"

I continued to fill out the application. "Uh," I started, feeling as though the question was a bit inappropriate. "Yes, a 3 year old boy and a baby girl. She's only a few months old."

"Really? You don't look like you just had a kid."

"Thanks," I laughed, feeling a bit nervous. "My husband was just saying the same thing last night when-" I started then realized where I was getting at. "When I was trying on some new clothes at the mall."

"Anyways," he smiled. He pushed his glasses up on his nose, looking down at the paper. "Tell me what experience you have." He clicked a pen and pressed it to and empty piece of notebook paper.

"I did radio broadcasting in high school along with graphic design and video shooting."

"For how many years?"

"Four. I started my Freshman year then continued to do that same class my Sophomore year. Come Junior year, I signed up for the actual Media class and we did a 3 periods a day class where we'd work with programs such as Adobe products: Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign. We also worked with Acid and Avid. I did the same class my Senior year and I graduated from that program."

"This was all in high school, you said?" He confirmed, nodding his head as if he was impressed with the stuff I've done. "Do you have any other experience?"

"Yes. After high school, I attended a college in my city known as School of Advertising Arts. I went there for 3 years where we did anything related to arts."

He nodded his head again and continued to write stuff down.

[Billie's POV]

"Keith!" I sang, walking into his room. He stood on his bed and started jumping. "How long have you been up, buddy?!" He smiled and reached his arms out. I picked him up and then we wanted down. "Let's get Jenna." He ran to her door and reached up to the door knob to open it. I helped him up and let him turn the knob, seeing as it made him feel special. Keith pushed the door open and I saw Jenna move a little.

"Sissy!" Keith whispered excitedly, pointing at her.

"Yeah! Sissy's sleeping," I said and carefully picked her up. She blinked a few times then yawned. "Good morning, baby girl."

"Food, daddy!" Keith yelled.

"Inside voices, Keith."

"Food!" He whispered.

"Alright," I sighed. "Let's get some food. Are you hungry, Jenna?"

My kids and I went downstairs and into the kitchen. A few minutes later, I heard my phone ring in the living room. Leaving Keith at the table and Jenna in her high chair, I ran to grab my phone and ran back to the kitchen to keep an eye on the kids.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me." Alyssa was on the other line.

"I already knew that, Caller I.D. is a new thing these days," I laughed.

"Shut up."

"Oh you know I'm kidding," I said. "So how'd it go?"

"Well, the boss knows you and his daughter is a big fan; Abby's age!"

"Not surprising," I said with a slight laugh.

"He just asked me some questions and talked about you."

"Me?"

"Don't worry, I only told him good things," she laughed.

"Lyssa," I whined.

"I'll be home soon. Have you fed the kids?"

"I am now. Abby's still asleep."

"Alright, I'll see you soon. I love you."

"I love you too."

[Alyssa's POV]

I opened the front door and from around the corner, Martena greeted me as she held Jenna. Keith came running at me.

"Hi?" I laughed, confused as I was hugging Keith, looking at Martena. "When did you get here?"

"A few minutes ago. Alice is here; Tre and Klaus are having a 'guys day'." She rolled her eyes. "Her and Abby are eating in the kitchen."

"Thanks for keeping an eye on my kids, I know Billie can't handle it himself," I laughed.

"Yes I can!" He yelled from the kitchen. Martena and I laughed then went to go be with Billie and the kids. I patted the girls' shoulders. Keith ran into the living room and Jenna began to whimper.

"Take her," Martena demanded, shoving my daughter into my arms. Jenna calmed down.

"How'd it go?" Billie asked, hugging me and kissing my face.

"You already asked me that."

"Oh... well," he said and kissed my face again.

"I can't tell if it's just my bad hangover that's hurting or if it's the fact that you two won't stay off of each other," Martena groaned. Billie laughed and I walked away.

"Hey," I sighed. "At least he's not Tre."

"We're out," Alice said. Her and Abby left the room.

"We're not having this discussion," Martena sighed.

I laughed. "My hangover actually wasn't that bad.

"That's surprising," Billie said and turned around. "You were wasted; you never let me go that far-"

"Okay!" I yelled, walking out and into the living room. Keith sat watching Cartoon Network.

[Martena's POV]

"You two are nasty. I don't even want to know what happened," I laughed, following Alyssa into the living room. Billie followed also, holding Jenna.

"We're married, it's what we do," Billie smiled, holding back a small laugh. "We can do anything we want."

"But we don't share it with the world, now do we?!" Alyssa exclaimed, looking at Billie.

Jenna whimpered then yawned.

"Is Sissy tired?" Keith asked.

"Yeah, Sissy's tired. Will you get her a blanket?" Billie asked. Keith slid himself off the edge of the couch and ran upstairs.

"Why couldn't have my kids been like this?" I sighed.

"Because Tre is their dad," Billie said. He was holding back a smile this time. I rolled my eyes, knowing he was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I KNOW, I KNOW. I haven't updated in... AGES!!!!!
BUT I'M BACK.
This has been written since... I don't know, a long ass time.

xoxo- Adie