‹ Prequel: Even If I Say

With These Bloodshot Eyes

Know Your Enemy

I stared into Draco's eyes. I had hardly seen him for the last two months. He'd been doing some kind of work for the Dark Lord.

I wasn't worried, I knew this was our duty.

Things with Ara hadn't gotten any better. I refused to talk to her. This summer I followed my parents every move and stuck to their sides. I portrayed stuck up and arrogant as I should I have been.

I attended the parties, the Death Eater meetings, the school functions. I spent some alone time with Draco once. Ara hardly left her room, hardly ate.

I almost didn't care, she was my enemy after all, I shouldn't care.

Though enemy that she was, she is still my sister.

I sighed as we boarded the train. Looking around the station I saw my parents and they gave a small nod goodbye to me.

I sat quietly next to Draco.

Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy, and Draco were all talking about something about the summer. I didn't listen in the slightest.

"-Ravin?"

Someone had addressed me, asked me a question perhaps. My wand slid down my sleeve and was pointed instantly at the direction of the voice.

Pansy's expression turned to pure terror. A curse was half on my lips before a hand placed itself on my shoulder. I turned my body and wand, suddenly realizing it was Draco next to me.

Glaring around darkly I slid my wand away and returned my gaze out the window, carefully listening now.

"What the hell's wrong with her Draco?"

"Leave her alone Pansy, she's probably under a lot of stress." Stupid Goyle.

"Shut up you idiots." Draco said coolly.

I kept my breathing steady.

"Well I don't know, I mean, I just asked what she did this summer and she turns to curse me."

"She doesn't need to explain her personal life to you Pansy."

"Well she's not right in the head Draco, I don't see what you all see in her. The Ravencroft's are loosing their touch, I hear their other daughter is a nutcase and joining the Order of the Phoenix, and Ravin's been psycho since Christmas."

A snarl ripped through my lips and I quickly shifted from sitting in the corner to standing over Pansy, my wand to her throat.

"Say it again."

"W-w-what?"

"Call me psycho Parkinson, talk shit about my family," I breathed lowly. "Do it again!" I raged at her.

Draco raised an eyebrow, "Ravie?"

I let out a snarl pulling my wand from Pansy's neck. Grabbing my robes I left the compartment walking down the hallway in an irate manner.

I grumbled under my breath.

"Psycho."

I stripped down and pulled my robes on quickly. Collecting my clothes I walked back to the compartment.

Draco gave me a look and Pansy pulled herself close to the wall, Crabbe and Goyle, for being idiots, neither did nor said anything.

I pulled a quill and piece of parchment out of my trunk.

I started scrawling words, rhythm across the page.

No one said a word.

They were afraid of me now.

They should be.

You had to mean it when you used an Unforgivable Curse, and in a period of ten minutes I had meant it enough to almost use two on the same person.

I finished the small composition and put the paper away. I pulled the Tales of Beedle and The Bard from my trunk and started reading.

I knew the question on everyone's mind.

"Ravie?" Draco asked. "Things haven't gotten better with Ara have they?"

At the mention of my sister tears suddenly appeared on the page.

"Oh. I see then."

Draco stayed silent. Ara was still my enemy.

"Why cry over spilt blood?" I asked. "Especially the blood of a traitor."