‹ Prequel: Even If I Say

With These Bloodshot Eyes

Accusations

I opened my eyes to someone screaming into my ears. “Aracelli, wake up! Voldemort’s come, wake up!” Ginny was screaming at me.

“Voldemort? He’s in Hogwarts?!”

“Uh, no, but the Death Eaters tried to get in, and almost succeeded.

“Ah, Ginny! Don’t do that! You have to be sure that he’s here. I’m in trou-”

“What…?”

“Nothing, is Dumbledore back?”

“Yeah, Harry said he was going to see him. Well, Dumbledore called for-”

“Thanks, Ginny.” I grabbed my robes and ran into the bathroom, hopping over Hermione’s empty bed. As soon as I reached the bathroom, I slammed the door and stared at what was looking at me in the mirror. I picked at my eye makeup and smeared a little more on, not caring about any other makeup I normally used. I slipped on my tights and skirt, pulling my shirt over my head. I hadn’t bothered to put the vest on. I stared at myself again and ran my fingers through my hair. My reflection turned to a new scene.

Bellatrix and Malfoy were there. Voldemort was standing in the middle of them, his wand pointed at me.

I heard “Cruicio!” then screams. My screams. “You were to become my disciple! You traitor!” his wand flicked again and my body twisted, immense pain filling me.

Bellatrix screamed in delight, then whined. “Lord, not that I would ever question you, but why not send me to kill her? It would be easier.”

He answered her, quietly with his tongue slithering. “Ah, dear Bellatrix, this way Potter will come to rescue her.”

She laughed again. “Oh, very clever, my Lord. You are truly-”

“Ara!”

“What, what?!” I screamed, Ginny’s voice snapping me back to reality.

“Are you okay? You were screaming?”

“I’m fine, fine.” Extreme pain shot through my head. I need to get to Harry.

I ran as fast as I could before stopping quietly at Dumbledore’s door. It was cracked open.

“Sir?”

“Ah, Harry Harry, have a seat. Anything to drink?”

“No, thank you.” I heard leather squeak and assumed Dumbledore sat down.

“Harry, you and Aracelli, are you…?”

“I, well-”

“No, never mind. I believe that is intruding. But you are close to the young lady, yes?”

“Yeah, but-”

“Harry, I need you to help me with something. As you know, Aracelli comes from a pureblood family. She is meant to work for Voldemort. Harry, he will not be pleased with her. It is very likely that she will be captured and tortured.”

“What? How can-”

“Harry, listen. He will use her to get to you. I have no doubt you will not be able to stop it, but I also haven’t a doubt you will go to save her, as the Dark Lord has planned.” I didn’t hear anything from Harry. “Snape is on his way to talk to me, I asked him here,” he pointed to a portrait and Harry stood up. “We’ll speak later, Harry, thank you.”

“Sir, can I tell her…?”

“If you think it will better prepare her… Go on, now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
x3
Comment?