‹ Prequel: Even If I Say

With These Bloodshot Eyes

Never Back Down

I sat in Potions the next morning. Horace Slughorn was our new professor. Joy. A period without Professor Snape.

Draco was next to me as always of course. We had started planning a schedule for our Quidditch practices this morning at breakfast.

"Sir? I think you knew my Grandfather? Abraxas Malfoy?"

I didn't listen to the following conversation. I began working with my potion. They say I have my father's inept ability to conjour up potions.

The end of the hour came around. Slughorn walked around the classroom examining potions. Draco had come close to the perfect potion, mine seemed to earn higher marks from Slughorn.

He walked around over to the Gryffindor table. "Oho! A clear winner."

Potter had gotten lucky. And of course, luck was only the beginning.

Draco and I walked to lunch. I seemed distracted still. Thinking about Ara again.

I looked up to the teacher's table and stared at Snape. What was it about him that seemed so familiar.

I couldn't lay my finger on it as I chewed slowly.

I stood and popped my back. "Do you have a free period?" I asked Draco.

He nodded.

We walked around outside for a while.

"Still having issues with Ara?"

"I'm not talking to nor about her. I've told you Draco, I don't have a sister."

"You did though."

"She told me to make a choice, and I made the one that I knew was best for us both."

"So are you blaming her for this? Or your choice?"

"Both."

"And yet not yourself?"

"Draco I'm not fighting you on this."

I stood up, Draco caught me by the arm.

"Ravie I don't want to fight you. But-"

"But what? She and I need to work it out? No Draco! She's not like us! She's into the Order. We're the dark side of things. She wants to be my enemy. Let her. I'm not putting my self and our future in danger because of her!"

"Ravie..."

"You see now?"

I sat next to him again and lay my head in his lap.

"I see love." He stroked my hair.

"Still, this is causing you so much trouble. Wouldn't it be better?"

"Who knows. She wanted me to make a choice and I made it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?