Status: Hiatus. Not the bad kind. I'm just pulling a Fall Out Boy hiatus. lol Message me for details.

Uninvited

2 Enter Nice Guy

******************
Kaylene’s POV

Want to know something? Work sucks. No, I’m serious. If I didn’t need the money I wouldn’t work. Why I work in an arcade is beyond me. I think I started working here because my friends work here. Never again in my life will I ever follow my friends into a job.

I continued to stack the prizes up and sighed softly. I needed to get out of this loud place. Once I finished with the stupid plastic water guns I turned around. A guy was standing at the counter looking at me.

He had to be a Spanish descent. At least I think he was. He looked like he was from Brazil or Uruguay. He was a tall guy with messy black hair and a beautiful face. Yes, some faces are beautiful. His features were nicely proportioned to his face. Nothing was too small or too big. He was a slightly attractive guy. His currant outfit almost made me laugh. He was in bright neon colors. It screamed, “Look at me! I’ve got something to say.”

He smiled and gave me a coy wink. I walked over to him, “What do you need?”

He rested his elbows on the glass counter, “Your name.”

I rolled my eyes, “Anything else? Arcade related or would you rather have me get my boss so I can file a sexual harassment complaint?”

He stood completely up and licked his lips lightly, “I love my girls dominant. Not to mention you seem pretty feisty.”

I leaned over the counter, “Get lost.”

“Come on sweetheart,” He wiggled his eyebrows, “I know you want a little of Gabe Saporta and he’s here for you. Don’t deny it babe.”

I held up a finger to shush him, “One; don’t call me babe because I’ll never be your ‘babe.’ Two; I now know you name so filling a complaint just got a hell lot easier.”

“And three; don’t hit on a girl whose taken.”

I looked next to him. A guy matching his height leaned against the counter. He was at least six three. He had on brown hair and soft features. He was dressed in a suit, looking like he came out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Gabe turned to the guy, “You’re her boyfriend? Damn I thought she would have better taste.”

The other stood completely up and smirked, “Did you think she’d fall for a pathetic perverted boy?”

Gabe’s face was turning slightly red and he balled his fists. This other guy was taking this too far. I reached over and grabbed the guy’s jacket sleeve, “Babe, leave him alone.”

Gabe looked at me and stormed off and the guy turned to me and smiled. I returned it, “Thank you…?”

“William” He offered his hand, “William Beckett. And you’re quite welcome.”

I shook his hand and sighed, “That happens too much. So thank you again.”

He seemed amused, “Really?”

I nodded, “I’m tempted to but a sticker on my forehead saying I’m a lesbian.”

He laughed slightly, “That will make it worse. Then the guys will want to join you or call you a lucky girl.”

I looked down at my hands and back up to him, “I guess your right.”

He rested his palms against the glass and I looked at the entrance, “So, what brings you here?”

He shrugged, “A few of my friends are coming later. We thought we needed a night to flashback our teen years.”

I giggled, “You don’t look past 18. How old are you?”

His eyes flashed and he giggled, “Old enough to buy beer.”

My jaw dropped, “There is no way you’re around 21!”

He shook his head, “It’s not a lie. And thank you for the complement. And you are how old?”

“Seventeen; I turn eighteen in August.”

He looked surprised, “That’s wonderful.”

I smiled, “Eh. It’s alright.”

He sighed softly and I pointed behind me, “Would you like something to drink or anything?”

He shook his head, “Nah, I’m alright the way I am.”

I sigh and sat on my stool, “Ok.”

“So,” He seemed like he was looking for a conversation starter, “Why did you start working here?”

“Them,” I pointed to Jodi and Amber messing with a machine, “Jodi is the blonde the other is Amber. They dragged me to work here.”

He looked and looked back at me, “You poor thing.”

I giggled, “If only you knew.”

I looked over to the entrance and more boys in suits came in, “I’m assuming they’re with you?”

He got serious and nodded, “Yes, they’re with me.”

A guy came and stood next to his right, “Hello William.”

“Brendon, how are you this evening?”

He shrugged, “We’re all fine. We went and ate and came here. I hope you don’t mind that we got food without you.”

William looked at me and back to Brendon, “No, that’s fine.”

Brendon backed up slightly, “We’re going to play a few rounds of games. Will you be joining us?”

William nodded, “Yes, I’m going to. Have fun Kaylene.”

He turned and walked with Brendon to his other buddies. I smiled as he walked a way. He was a sweet guy. Then it hit me. He knew my name. I never told him my name. I looked down at my chest. I wasn’t even wearing my name tag. I furred my eyebrows. I wonder how he knew my name.
***************
♠ ♠ ♠

Subscribe and comment please!