One of Us Is Going Down

Drinks All Around?

Brian was stretched out on the couch later that night, Ashlyn was sitting in the chair, a bowl of round red grapes in her lap as they watched a movie. Brian noticed that as she plucked a grape from the stem that she had painted her nails fire-engine red while in her room this afternoon. He watched her a moment, her eyes were transfixed on the tv as she lifted a grape to her pale rose lips. He watched as she bit into the grape, the way her lips curled around the grape made his pants tighten. It didn’t help either that she licked her lips subconsciously, licking the grape juice from them.

He smeared his hand down his face and looked back at the tv. There was no denying that she was pretty, beautiful even. Sure, she wasn’t the next Angelina Jolie or the next Megan Fox, but who said that that was the only kind of beauty? Her cell phone rang her in room, he was glad that she would have to leave the room a moment, so he could lessen the tension in his pants. He watched as he left the room, the way her hips swayed as she walked, and her round ass was definitely nice as well.

“Hey, what are you doing Saturday night?” Josh asked as they sat down for class later the next week.

“Nothing much,” Ashlyn answered simply, glad that Brian was out in the hall again.

“There’s this new club that opened down town, and me and a couple of buddies were going to check it out.”

“Sounds good,” Ashlyn smiled.

“Great, can I pick you up at around nine-thirty?”

“Sure.”

Josh then saw Kristina walk in, he asked her the same questions. Ashlyn grinned to herself as she opened her notebook, she was going out this weekend. Now she just had to keep it from Brian.

As soon as Brian left that Saturday morning, Ashlyn ran back to her room to pick out a club-worthy outfit. She settled on a pair of skinny jeans, a deep white scoop neck top that hung off one shoulder and had some peacock looking feathers printed on one side, and a pair of black suede four-inch stilettos.

By nine o’clock she was dressed, and had her hair and makeup done. She sat watching tv on the sofa as she waited for Josh and Kristina. Someone knocked on the door, Ashlyn answered, seeing Kristina there, after she locked the door, they ran down to the parking lot where Josh was. Ashlyn had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach about tonight, but she would be home by one am at the latest, Brian always crawled in between two and three am, she knew she would be fine and he would never know.

Ashlyn sat at the table, finishing a Grey Goose Martini as Kristina worked on her second cosmopolitan. Josh brought over a round of tequila, Ashlyn was all over that, not sure when she would be able to escape again to experience the pleasures of drinking. She took the shot with the other people she was with, having the best time she’d had in a long time.

Brain sat at a table drinking a beer with his best friend since childhood, feeling bad about leaving Ashlyn home all day, even though it was his day off. Most girls her age would be at the mall with their friends all day, or doing girly stuff like nails and pantyhose and that crap. He felt like he was holding her up from being young with her friends, but he also didn’t want anything to happen to her either. Jimmy’s – his friend- laughter pulled him from his thoughts.

“Someone’s up on the bar again.”

“Damn, it’s only one am, there shouldn’t be a bar dance until two,” Brian noted.

“Nah, they’ve been laying pretty heavy on the booze.”

“You’ve been watching them?” Brian asked, astonished.

“Yeah man, you’re like off in your own little world tonight,” Jimmy smiled.

“Sorry,” Brian apologized.

“It’s ok, if I had a hot rich chick back at my place, my head wouldn’t be here either.”

“It’s not like that,” Brian interjected quickly.

He took a sip of his beer and debated calling Ashlyn, just to check up, but he didn’t want to wake her if she had already gone to sleep. A group of rowdy people shouting caught Brian’s attention. He looked over, choking on his beer the moment his eyes landed on Ashlyn in the middle of the group. He immediately recognized the group of kids, all kids from her classes.

“You ok?”

“Yeah, that’s Ashlyn!” Brian said, coughing.

“WHAT!? The hot one?”

“Jimmy, there’s four women and they are all hot, be more specific.”

“I’ll help you take her home now,” Jimmy grinned.

Brian was in the motion of standing when a thought came to him. He sat back down and continued to drink his beer calmly, watching Ashlyn.

“Are you going to go get her?” Jimmy asked eagerly.

“Nope, not yet anyways. She sneaked out, she can get plastered and be throwing up all night, that’s what she wanted, that’s what she’ll get. I’ll get her if she gets into trouble, which will probably happen knowing her.”

“She should be punished! You should go get her and take her home and spank her!” Jimmy waggled his eyebrows at Brian.

“Drink your beer, perv,” Brian rolled his eyes.