One of Us Is Going Down

Trouble Comes In Twos

The next morning she woke to find Brian asleep against the doorframe of her room. She felt bad, he hadn’t gotten a good night’s sleep. She slipped past him quietly to the kitchen where the coffee pot was already brewing coffee, set on a timer. She poured a cup for Brian and walked back over to him, mug in hand. His eyes fluttered as she sat down in front of him.

Leslie was over again that afternoon, and she had come looking very mischievous, this worried Brian. Currently the girls stood in front of him, Leslie whispering questions to Ashlyn, who nodded, occasionally they would look at him. In the past, Brian had delt with gunfights, drug dealers, cops and rowdy bitchy teens, but something about the two, skinny girls whispering in front of him made him nervous at the moment.

Finally they broke apart and they turned to him, arms crossed standing side by side. Leslie smirked at him, she looked like a younger version of Megan Fox to him, beautiful, but she knew it and was a little cocky.

“Brian, we’re going. . shopping, want to go with us? If you don’t want to, you can
stay here, my brother will be there, he’s the size of a bear and would watch Ash…”

Oh yeah, that wasn’t suspicious at all, Brian thought.

“Nah, I’ll go,” he said simply.

“Let me see if I can get the Lamborghini,” Ashlyn said as she walked towards
the main house from the pool house.

Leslie followed behind Ashlyn, the heals of her shoes clicking away on the cement that surrounded the pool and led up to the house, Brian followed behind, making sure he had a small hand gun tucked in the back of his pants. Ashlyn leaned in the kitchen door and pressed the intercom button over a set of the light switches.

“Hey mom, the Rover is making that funny noise again, can I borrow the
Lamborghini?”

They waited a moment for a response.

“Sure hon, just drive carefully,” came Cathy’s voice over the intercom.

Ashlyn grabbed the keys off the counter and they all walked out to the garage, Brian was a bit nervous, the girls were up to something. They walked to the garage and the girls kept
the door shut.

“Skateboard?” Leslie asked, passing it to Ashlyn as she loaded her friend’s purse in the lambo.

Brian watched as Ashlyn laid on the skateboard and rolled under the hood of her Range Rover.

“What are you doing?” Brian asked, quizzically.

“Creating a ‘funny noise’,” Ashlyn grinned as she rolled back out from under the Range Rover. She climbed in the driver’s side of the Lamborghini as Leslie walked out of the garage and into her Ferrari.

They drove down the road following Leslie. Brian noted that they passed the mall, he pointed this out, Ashlyn only smirked behind her dark sunglasses. Brian watched as they drove out of town a short ways, then pulled off onto a road that had a sign clearly stating ‘Trespassers will be shot!’

“Uh, we shouldn’t be here, wherever here is. Turn the car around now.”

“Calm down, we’re here all the time.”

“Well, obviously you shouldn’t be.”

Ashlyn wasn’t going to argue with the hot babysitter any longer, she just stayed quiet.

They pulled to what looked like a driving range, like they use in car commercials. Ashlyn parked the car in a parking lot next to a small building on the side of the track, next to Leslie and one other car. Ashlyn got out of the car and walked to the back where Leslie and another guy stood. Brian followed her lead.

“Ahh, I was wondering when I was going to get to meet the bruiser who’ll be
keeping Ash safe!” a rather muscled man grinned.

“Brian,” he shook hands with the guy.

“Troy, Leslie’s older brother.” Troy looked at the girls, “ready?”

The girls nodded and took a walkie-talkie from Troy, going back to their cars. Brian got back in the passenger side with Ashlyn as she started the Lamborghini again, turning on the radio and putting a cd in the cd player, hard-core rock music started playing. Brian never would have pictured her as a rock fan.
♠ ♠ ♠
By popular demand! – Ash <3