One of Us Is Going Down

Chinese, Japanese, and MTV – A Night In

Over the next week, they got the apartment set up the way they wanted and Brian helped Ashlyn register for her classes, then go shopping for what she needed. Ashlyn’s first day of classes went well, she didn’t have much homework, but she saved what little she had for Saturday. Saturday was Brian’s day off, and she couldn’t really go out without him, not that she cared to, so she decided to stay in and do homework.

The next morning Brian left his cell phone number with her again, even though he was already on her speed dial, telling her that he didn’t care if it was his day off, if she needed him, he would be there. He told her that he was meeting some friend in LA, so he would be in the city, then he left, using the Mercedes.

Ashlyn went to bed for a while longer, then got up around noon. She pulled on a pair of girl-boxers and a tank, knowing that Brian wouldn’t be back until after dark and she didn’t have to worry about how she looked. She ate some cereal on the sofa as she watched MTV’s Cribs, then she flipped to the music channel to listen to music as she worked on her laptop.

The apartment phone rang around, Ashlyn looked up to see that it was seven o’clock already. She stood and walked to the kitchen where she had left the cordless earlier that day, her legs tingling from the numbness, she shouldn’t have sat in one position so long.

“Hello?”

“Hey, it’s Brian, is everything ok?”

He sounded like he was out in a club, having fun. She could barely hear him over the loud music playing. She had never really been out to a club like that; she made a mental note to sneak out and go to one, knowing Brian would never let her.

“Yeah, everything’s great.”

“OK, just wanted to check up, I’ll be back in a few hours.”

“Ok, see you then,” Ashlyn said, bummed that she wasn’t having as much fun at the moment.

“WHAT!?” he asked, unable to hear her over the noise.

“SEE YOU THEN!” She said, louder and hung up the phone.

Ashlyn made a mental note to meet people who looked like the ‘club’ type this week, so she could sneak out next weekend when Brian was on his day off. There was no way he would actually go clubbing with her, it would be a nightmare for him as a bodyguard to guard her body from all the grinding and people, so why even ask? He would say no even if she did.

Ashlyn’s stomach grumbled, she looked down at it and pursed her lips. Guess it was time for food. She opened the take-out menu drawer in the kitchen, they had dedicated an entire drawer just to take-out menus for nights when they didn’t want to cook, which happened to be the majority of the time. She pulled out a Japanese menu and a Chinese menu. From the Chinese place, she ordered: sweet & sour chicken, beef lo mein, pork fried rice, four egg rolls and general tso’s chicken, might as well stock up, Brian was up for the lo mein and the General tso’s, she figured they would have that for lunch the next day as well as part of her dinner tonight. From the Japanese place she ordered more fried rice, the onion and zucchini vegetables, a quart of the clear soup and broccoli teriyaki chicken.

Ashlyn sat riveted to The Hills, her mom had never liked MTV, so she wasn’t really allowed to watch it, though after a couple of hours of MTV, she realized she hadn’t missed out on much. She had finished eating and was tired as Viva La Bam played, she placed her plate on the coffee table in front of the sofa and laid down, still watching.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry! I know I haven’t updated this in a while, but believe me, I will finish it, I love this story too much, it’s just going slow because I’ll Be Your Lover Too comes first, and my professors at college this year are evil, pure evil with their ‘projects’. Love you all, try not to hate me too much!! - <3 Ash – I’ll try to post some pictures of my Halloween costume over the weekend, any guesses as to what I’m dressing as? Hint : Draco Malfoy would love it!