This Picturesque Life

I'm Happy Knowing That You Are Mine

He awoke to an empty bed, and the smell of bacon and eggs; he opened his eyes slowly. His head hurt, his body was protesting at being awake so early; but he threw the covers off of him and stumbled off the bed. His back was sore, in the way it can only be after sleeping in a van for so long. He dragged his feet across the carpeted flooring, resting at the door way before continuing down the hall; he passed a door opened a crack and, glanced in. He smiled at the sight of the little girl sleeping peacefully; totally unaware of the morning that was beginning. After a few moments of staring he shuffled to the kitchen, his eyebrows rising in amusement.

His hazel eyes followed her small frame as it danced around, her long red hair twirling about as she prepared breakfast. When she started humming the tune, and he grinned knowing the song very well; it was one of her old favourites. However the piece de resistance was when she went from humming it to singing, he leaned against the wall letting her voice soak in once more; oh how he missed being sung to from those lips.

He stood up and walked to her wrapping his arms around her waist as she stood in front of the stove and sung to her. “Pardon the way that I stare, there’s nothing else to compare. The sight of you makes me weak, there are no words left to speak. But if you feel like I feel, please let me know that it’s real. You’re just too good to be true, can’t take my eyes off of you,

He backed up and pulled her with him, spinning her around so that she faced him. He grabbed her waist in his left hand, and held her hand in his right as they twirled to the trumpet solo they both knew occurred next. “I love you baby, and if it’s quiet alright I need you baby; to warm the lonely nights. I love you baby, trust in me when I say,” He sang softly smiling down at her, loving the fact that her cheeks gained a little red tint to them. He stopped their movement and kissed her deeply, she responded eagerly wrapping her hands around his neck.

When they pulled away he buried his head in the crook of her neck, kissing it tenderly while he tried to steady his breathing “Please don’t go into work,” He begged.

“Eric, it’s too late to call in sick,” She sighed softly.

He lifted his head up enough just to glance at the clock on the wall, “It’s only 7,” He whined.

“I go in at 8:30,” She stated.

“Tomorrow?” He questioned with big eyes and his bottom lip dropping downward.

She giggled and pecked him quickly her green eyes sparkling. “Tomorrow,” She promised. He kissed her quickly before letting her get back to the cooking. “Can you go get Ashley up and dressed?” She asked from the stove.

“Yeah, no problem,” He smiled kissing her cheek before walking to his daughter’s room once again. He went in and picked her up without a thought besides safety; and started rubbing her back. “Ashley baby, time to wake up,” He cooed bouncing slightly.

“No,” The tiny toddler mumbled into his shoulder hitting his chest lightly with her hand in protest.

“Yes, come on Ashley; mommy’s making breakfast,” He sung lightly, holding back the laugh in his voice.

The little girl’s head tilted back, he rose one hand to cup the back of her neck, and her eyes opened slowly to reveal matching hazel eyes to his own. “No,” She pouted up at him.

“Yes,” He challenged. She stared up at him, her face unchanging “You can pick what you want to wear,” He added. He chuckled as she made a grabbing motion towards her dresser, her eyes sparkling much like her mother’s were just a bit ago. Girls He chuckled to himself as he helped her pick her clothes. In the end she was wearing a frilly pink t-shirt with a pair of overalls – one strap undone – and one red and white stripped sock and one black with white kitty cats on it. He wiped the sand from her eyes and carried her out to the kitchen, where Olivia was setting the table for three.

“Mommy ‘ook,” Ashley exclaimed proudly once Eric set her on the chair. She stood up, wobbling as she held onto the back of the chair to show off her outfit.

“Oh look at you,” Olivia smiled at her daughter “All you need now is to brush that hair of yours and you’re ready to hit the town,” She winked playfully at her. Ashley squealed with laughter loudly, as she sat herself down picking up her fork.

Olivia cut her bacon into tinier bits and placed a serviette on Ashley’s lap; before sitting and eating her own breakfast. Ashley ate her bacon bits and scrambled eggs messily but didn’t seem to mind the mess at all. Olivia observed and was grateful for the napkin that was saving the toddler’s outfit.

“Where is she going?” Eric asked stupidly, realising for the first time that Olivia was fully dressed.

“To her daycare,” His girlfriend smiled at him.

“I could take care of her today…” He started.

“Honey, you’re still tired don’t even lie. You sleep today, and she’ll be somewhere where she’ll be entertained and watched,” She sighed. He pouted but nodded knowing it’d be better to do it that way. “You can pick her up when you’re awake though, I’ll leave the address on the fridge,” She added.

“Alright,” He nodded.

“Oh, I should probably call Kevin…” She realised setting her fork down.

“John’s brother, Kevin… or a different Kevin all together?” He asked confused as she stood up and hurried to the house phone.

“John’s brother, he was going to come over at 6 to watch her, but I suppose you’ll want to do it instead,” She thought out loud, only confusing him more.

“Why, where are you going?” He asked slowly.

“Oh, it’s Wednesday and well rehearsal is on Wednesday from 6:30 to 10,” She explained.

“For that play you tried out for back in December?” He asked.

“Yeah, Rent,” She nodded eagerly while dialling Kevin’s cell phone number.

“Who do you play?” He asked, wondering why she never told him these things before.

“Mimi, I got called in just after you left for AP Tour, the original Mimi got arrested,” She smiled sheepishly. “Kevin? Oh, I’m sorry did I wake you?” She said into the phone. “I’m sorry, I just wanted to call to let you know that Eric’s home so you don’t need to babysit tonight,” She spoke rather rapidly Eric noted. He looked at the clock and just supposed it had to do with the lack of time. “Okay, I’ll see you whenever then, bye,” She sang before hanging up. She sat back down and continued eating her breakfast.

After breakfast she quickly scribbled out the address to the daycare on the whiteboard that hung on the fridge. She kissed Eric goodbye, and Ashley looked at him strangely when he kissed her forehead. “Bye,” He called out from the door.

Olivia smiled wide, showing off her white teeth “I’ll see you later baby,” She blew a kiss “Honey say bye-bye to daddy,” She cooed at her daughter.

Ashley frowned slightly and just waved at him as they boarded the elevator. Eric sighed and shut the door, making sure it was locked securely before shuffling into his bedroom. He flopped onto the bed face down and held the pillow over his head. He groaned upon realising that Ashley had forgotten who he was, after only 2 months she had forgotten him… again. This did not bode well for the oncoming days.
♠ ♠ ♠
so here's the 3rd chapter!
I'm so happy you're all loving this as much as I am =D tell your friends... you know if you want *shruggs*
Oh Allison... make Tania read it AND comment *humph* lol
leave some love people!
I love it when you do!
♥