This Picturesque Life

'Cause On The Calendar of Your Events

Kevin O’Callaghan walked into the apartment cautiously, holding Ashley on his hip. He glanced around once before walking further and into the living room, he grinned at the little girl as he set her down on the couch. “Just stay here sweetie,” He smiled.

She nodded and he set off slowly towards the master bedroom, checking every other room for anything out of the ordinary. He ran his hand through his spiked light brown hair complete with blonde highlights, as he stopped in front of the master bedroom. His sea green eyes darted around quickly before he took in a deep breath and knocked on the door loudly.

Eric heard the knock and grunted opening his eyes and making sure both he and Olivia were covered before answering "Come in,"

Kevin sighed before opening the door, light streamed in causing Eric to squint slightly as he sat up. "Hey," Kevin mumbled. Eric nodded at his friend's brother in response "I brought Ashley home, do you want me to make her dinner and all that or…" He trailed off unsurely.

"No man, I'll do it, just watch her while I get dressed," Eric shrugged moving towards the edge of the bed.

"Alright," Kevin nodded before quickly leaving the room. He felt awkward being anywhere near the couple, like he invaded on something sacred. Also the boy had grown close to Olivia while helping her take care of Ashley, though he knew he shouldn't have. He made his way to Ashley and turned on the television for her to watch, changing the channel to Dora the Explorer.

Eric slipped out of the covers and slowly pulled on his boxers and a shirt, before glancing at his sleeping girlfriend. He leaned over and brushed her hair out of her face, before leaving the room; closing the door behind him quietly. He walked down the hallway into the living room to see his toddler daughter chattering away in incomplete sentences to Kevin who was grinning down at the little girl, the television ignored. Eric frowned; he didn't like how close his own daughter was to another man, when she wasn't even close to that intimate towards him.

Kevin glanced up and noticed the frown on Eric's and his smile too fell off his face, replaced with a look of worry. Eric quickly shook it off and forced a smile onto his lips "Thanks man,"

"No problem, I enjoy helping out with Ashley, she's a great kid," Kevin said trying to choose his words carefully.

Eric nodded and watched as Kevin said goodbye to the young girl, who cried in protest "No!" She threw a tantrum immediately after the first cry, throwing herself onto the couch and kicking and screaming 'no' repeatedly.

They looked at each other unsure as who should tend to her, Kevin didn't want to take Eric's spot and both knew that she was throwing this because of Kevin leaving. "Honey, Kevin's got to go home," Eric said slowly sitting beside her.

She glared at him through big wet hazel eyes, "No,"

"Yeah, he does, but I'll make dinner and by then mommy should be up," Eric told the girl.

"No he stay," She stated furiously.

"Hey now, I got to go home, but I'll see you again," Kevin said kneeling down to her height.

"When?"

"Maybe tomorrow… or in 2 days when you come to my house for my party," He smiled at the toddler.

"Party?" She questioned excitedly, tilting her head to the side.

"Yeah, lots of people who just want to spoil you rotten," He chuckled, rubbing her head messing up her hair even more.

"Otay, bye," She waved at him franticly.

"Later princess," He chuckled before leaving the apartment.

"So what do you want for dinner?" Eric asked brightly. She looked up at him before getting off the couch and waddling down the hallway. "Where are you going?" He questioned standing up and following her.

"Mommy," She said reaching the door.

Eric sighed deeply before opening the bedroom door and letting the toddler wake her sleeping mother. He rested his head against the wall and bit his lip, breathing deeply trying to regain his cool. It wasn't Kevin's fault she liked him better, it was because he's always there… when he couldn't be. Eric clenched his hands into fist and pounded the wall lightly trying to force himself to snap out of it. Everything would be better in a week's time, and he'd keep better contact with her while on Warped; simple as that.

Olivia stepped out of the room in her house coat and sleeping gown once more, her hair tied up in a messy bun. Ashley sped off towards the living room happy to know that mommy was up, dinner would be soon. Olivia felt her heart sink at the sight of her boyfriend looking so hurt, but there was nothing she could do to help make things better. She hesitantly placed her hand on his right shoulder, watching as he flinched and then relaxed. His hands relaxed and lowered, his left hand placing itself upon hers.

Neither spoke, they knew words wouldn't change anything; just the sound of his deep breaths filled the room. When he felt he was calm enough he turned around and engulfed her in a tight hug, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and pulled him close knowing it's what he needed.

"I'm sorry," She whispered lightly.

"Don't be," He mumbled sadly resting his chin on her shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok and now I'm off for Warped, where sadly Halvo won't be there =C
which blows, but hey at least Nick's still there so it'll be all good =)
leave lots of love my friends
I mean it!
♥♥